by footballisbetter.com » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:08 pm
I thought I would start a new thread since my old one got confusing with all the counters.
I was offered his Haren for my Marmol I was offered his B Morrow for my Paplebon
I really would rather try to move F Cordero and keep these 2. Should I accept either of these offers or wait it out?
We start 9 pitchers a week, any combo of SP/RP. Closers usually go for a premium in this league. I am not sure why but that is why I loaded up on them because I knew they could be trading chips during the season.
Here is my staff:
Lester, Hughes, Kuroda, Hellickson, Colby Lewis, Marmol, Paplebon, F Cordero, R Franklin, HanrahanLeave a link.
I would wait it out, you will see one owner somewhere along the line overpay for a RP because his goes down or gets yanked. If I had to pick I would probably do number 1 but am not keen on either so I think stand pat. Help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=425522
I'd take this. Morrow has the talent to be a beast, but he's starting the year injured, and if his control problems return he could be in for a terrible year. I'm betting he'll be good, but he's inherently riskier than Haren, a proven commidity. Haren was a beast last year after moving to the Angels and a park that better suits him. Some people are down on him because of his performance in Arizona, but that awful bullpen and park really hurt him. I've seen him ranked as high as top 10 and I'd bet on a top 15 finish. I like Marmol much better than Papelbon as his Ks alone offer crazy value and he has significantly better job security.
Obviously, if yo can find a way to make the deal with Cordero instead, you should, but this one is nice enough as is.
I'd see if you can do a Haren for Papelbon deal. I'd rather hang on to Marmol than have Morrow. But if you have to do them as listed, the Haren trade makes more sense to me. You know what you are getting. Morrow has upside, but could also fail to progress this year. Thanks for the help.