Help me shore up my 1B and CI spots...WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Help me shore up my 1B and CI spots...WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help me shore up my 1B and CI spots...WHIR

Postby JagATC » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:34 am

After what I think was a dismal draft, I look down at my roster sheet and have Aubrey Huff, Mark Reynolds, and Kila Ka'aihue (on my bench) as my 1B and CI options. I've got Adrian Beltre at 3B. Here is a list of FA CI. What combination should I go with to start to the season?

Giambi
Helton
Brett Wallace
Brad Hawpe
Lyle Overbay
LaPorta
Daric Barton
Smoak
Melvin Mora
Scott Rolen
Ty Wigginton
Chase Headley
Inge
Kouzmanoff
JagATC
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help me shore up my 1B and CI spots...WHIR

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:53 pm

Of that list, Wallace, LaPorta, Barton, Smoak, Rolen, Wigginton, and Headley have the potential to be decent CI.

Do you have any other categories or is it 5x5? For example if you count OPS or something then Reynolds gets a bump, but if you count K's you can probably drop him right now.

For now, I'd roll with Huff at 1B and the Kila Monster at CI, but don't be afraid to ride the hot hand. Of the above options, you just know that one or more of them is going to have a good year.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 34)

Postby Justblaze » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:53 pm

Stay with what you got. I like your CI upside more than the FA. LaPorta and Smoak should be watched because they have good potential, but are on stinky teams lol. Your KC first baseman is good, but if he is in platoon role I'd drop him for any of those FA that is doing good. Keep Huff and Reynolds. Wigginton is an excellent sleeper, but only as a 2B.

help me?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=425707
Justblaze
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby MaudDib » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:16 pm

Justblaze wrote:Stay with what you got. I like your CI upside more than the FA. LaPorta and Smoak should be watched because they have good potential, but are on stinky teams lol. Your KC first baseman is good, but if he is in platoon role I'd drop him for any of those FA that is doing good. Keep Huff and Reynolds. Wigginton is an excellent sleeper, but only as a 2B.

help me?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=425707

Agreed. Stay with what you have. Your CI has some quality players and better than what the WW looks like. Smoak is nice but not over any of those three at this point.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions