Need some quick advice 3am waiver. Picking up SP's - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Need some quick advice 3am waiver. Picking up SP's

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need some quick advice 3am waiver. Picking up SP's

Postby rocknje » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:30 am

Hello everyone,


I am interested in these SP's. Gio Gonzalez, John Lackey, Erik Bedard, James Sheilds, Jordan Zimmerman, Derek Lowe, Carl Pavano, Michael Pineda, Ervin Santana, James Mcdonald, Ivan Nova, Mark Buehrle.

I am dropping Brian Duensing and Johnny Venters for two pitchers. So far I am thinking of Gio and Lackey. Good choice. Also, I was thinking about dropping Chipper Jones for a third SP. Chipper Jones for Sheilds or Bedard. Any thoughts?


Thank you for your help.


--------------------

Here is my team
-----------------------
h2h 10 team ESPN League

C: Miguel Montero
1B: Adrian Gonzalez
2B: Ian Kinsler
3B: Alex Rodriguez
SS: Jose Reyes
Of: Nelson Cruz
OF Jose Bautista
OF: Mike Stanton
UTIL: Kila Ka'aihue
Bench: Delmon Young
Bench: Aubrey Huff
Bench: Howard Kendrick
Bench: Manny Ramirez
Bench: Mitch Moreland
Bench: Alcides Escobar
Bench: Chipper Jones

SP: Clay Bucholz
SP: Colby Lewis
SP: Josh Johnson
SP: Tim Hudson
RP: Brian Duensing
RP: Jonny Venters
rocknje
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 170
Joined: 27 Apr 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need some quick advice 3am waiver. Picking up SP's

Postby HOOTIE » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:38 am

Gio and Zimmerman are the easy locks.
Lackey, Shields, Pineda for the last spot.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 15106
(Past Year: 303)
Joined: 12 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Re: Need some quick advice 3am waiver. Picking up SP's

Postby rocknje » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:47 am

HOOTIE wrote:Gio and Zimmerman are the easy locks.
Lackey, Shields, Pineda for the last spot.


Thank you very much for your help. What is good about Zimmerman this year? I was thinking about him. Right now, I have Gio and Lackey as my choice. I might just go for Gio and Zimmerman. I have another hour before I hit the sack to think about it and the waiver will go through about 3am. I am still not sure about dropping Chipper just yet.

Anyone else?
rocknje
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 170
Joined: 27 Apr 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need some quick advice 3am waiver. Picking up SP's

Postby bobnerns » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:57 am

I agree with the first guy - absolutely get Gio Gonzalez and Jordan Zimmermann. After that, I'd go Shields, Pavano, Lackey in that order (with a pretty big separation between Shields and the rest).

You asked what's good about Zimmermann? The dude is going to be a beast. He's coming off Tommy John so he's a bit of a risk, but I wouldn't expect a big risk at all. He has a very bright future.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=425545
bobnerns
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 326
(Past Year: 13)
Joined: 22 Apr 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need some quick advice 3am waiver. Picking up SP's

Postby billycent » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:57 am

Those r some pretty decent pitchers on the wire, must not b a huge league. Any how I def like Gio and Lackey (value has dropped soo far... huge bounce back potential here) and if u wanna grab a 3rd... I would def drop Chipper for Bedard. He is pitching pain free for the first time in 3 years and looking amazing... when healthy he is a top 30 or better starter easy, and seeing how him and Chipper both bring the same injury risk to the table, I feel that Bedard offers a much better opportunity for profit. I hope this helps. Please take a look at mine.

viewtopic.php?t=425559
billycent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 853
Joined: 9 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need some quick advice 3am waiver. Picking up SP's

Postby rocknje » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:11 am

bobnerns wrote:I agree with the first guy - absolutely get Gio Gonzalez and Jordan Zimmermann. After that, I'd go Shields, Pavano, Lackey in that order (with a pretty big separation between Shields and the rest).

You asked what's good about Zimmermann? The dude is going to be a beast. He's coming off Tommy John so he's a bit of a risk, but I wouldn't expect a big risk at all. He has a very bright future.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=425545


Thank you very much for your response. So far so good on Gio and Zimmerman. Would I be safe to drop Chipper for Bedard or Sheilds? I am nervous to drop chipper because I hate to drop him and he has a monster year.
rocknje
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 170
Joined: 27 Apr 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need some quick advice 3am waiver. Picking up SP's

Postby rocknje » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:13 am

billycent wrote:Those r some pretty decent pitchers on the wire, must not b a huge league. Any how I def like Gio and Lackey (value has dropped soo far... huge bounce back potential here) and if u wanna grab a 3rd... I would def drop Chipper for Bedard. He is pitching pain free for the first time in 3 years and looking amazing... when healthy he is a top 30 or better starter easy, and seeing how him and Chipper both bring the same injury risk to the table, I feel that Bedard offers a much better opportunity for profit. I hope this helps. Please take a look at mine.

viewtopic.php?t=425559


Thank you very much for your response. It is a 10 team league. Do you think Chipper will have a monster year? He is doing really good this spring. I know you mentioned about Bedard, but would you pick Bedard or Sheilds?
rocknje
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 170
Joined: 27 Apr 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need some quick advice 3am waiver. Picking up SP's

Postby billycent » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:32 am

I personally would go Bedard and just cross your fingers that he stays healthy... bc as I mentioned when healthy he's as good as anyone. Shields periphirals are headed in the wrong direction and he just at times looks lost out there to me. I'd rather take the gamble that Bedard is going to stay healthy over the gamble that Shields is finally going to put it together.
billycent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 853
Joined: 9 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need some quick advice 3am waiver. Picking up SP's

Postby rocknje » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:40 am

billycent wrote:I personally would go Bedard and just cross your fingers that he stays healthy... bc as I mentioned when healthy he's as good as anyone. Shields periphirals are headed in the wrong direction and he just at times looks lost out there to me. I'd rather take the gamble that Bedard is going to stay healthy over the gamble that Shields is finally going to put it together.


Thank you very much helped. I think I will take a chance on Bedard. I was on the bandwagon last year. I have just one more here. Is it safe to drop Chipper for him?
rocknje
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 170
Joined: 27 Apr 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need some quick advice 3am waiver. Picking up SP's

Postby billycent » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:44 am

I don't really ever see him getting into ur lineup aside from the occassional day off replacement... so yeah I'd drop him, especially in a 10 team.
billycent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 853
Joined: 9 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fierro33, hondo4mvp, SteelCity79 and 19 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Apr. 15
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Tampa Bay at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Chi Cubs at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Atlanta at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Cleveland at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Toronto at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
St. Louis at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Kansas City at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Boston at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
NY Mets at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Oakland at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Colorado at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact