Team evaluation and help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Team evaluation and help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Team evaluation and help

Postby snuau » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:52 pm

I'm in a 10 team H2H standard draft league and here's my current team.

C- Posey
1b- Morneau
2b- Roberts
SS- Hanley
3b- Bautista
OF- Hamilton, Chris Young, Delmon Young
Util- Huff/Markakis
Bench- Grady Sizemore

SP- King Felix, Grienke, Morrow, Danks, Cahill, Jaime Garcia, Vazquez.(took a flyer on Bedard also once Grienke went on DL)
RP- Rivera, Street, Kuo, Aardsma

I've got two DL spots and obviously Grienke will occupy one until at least late April. Aardsma will be out until early May at least and Sizemore will be out 2 weeks and then platoon for a while once he returns.

First of all how does my team look as is? Where does it need improvement?

I took a risk on Kuo in the hope Broxton continues to suck in which case i planned on trading a closer for something else I need and in the mean time Kuo is pretty filthy anyway.

My second question is should i drop Aardsma or Sizemore or just hang on to both? I figured my bats were solid enough to wait and see what sizemore looks like a month into the season but with 2 other fairly long term dl stints should i drop him? Also is Vazquez even worth taking a flyer on in a 10 team league? i figured going back to the NL might bring him back closer to 2009 form so its worth a wait and see approach but theres some other decent pitchers available like edwin jackson and tim stauffer.

Thanks for any advice.
snuau
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Team evaluation and help

Postby snuau » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:45 pm

Here's how i drafted if that helps.

1. (2) Hanley
2. (19) Felix
3. (22) Hamilton
4. (39) Posey
5. (42) Bautista
6. (59) Morneau
7. (62) Grienke(stupidly didnt know he was hurt)
8. (79) Rivera
9. (82) Chris Young
10. (99) Delmon Young
11. (102) Morrow
12. (119) Markakis
13. (122) Roberts
14. (139) Street
15. (142) Cahill
16. (159) Danks
17. (162) Garcia
18. (179) Huff
19. (182) Sizemore
20. (199) Vazquez
21. (202) Mike Minor(thought hed get the #5 spot and really like his stuff. picked up Kuo in his place)
22. (219) Aardsma

Looking back i feel bautista is definitely overrated so i probably shouldve waited for a different 3b later on. Probably overpaid a little for Morrow with his injury proneness. Same with Roberts but hes looking good in spring. maybe over paid for cahill and sizemore as well. thought i got a bargain on Delmon hes going to be a stud already is really.
snuau
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby DC nats05 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:13 pm

I think your team looks pretty good. I like the balance on offense and depth at pitching, but perhaps your only weakness is closers. However, Aardsma will come back and closers in general are always coming and going (so scour the waiver wire). I would keep track of the closer situation in Tampa and keep your eye on other sleepers such as Chris Sale, Jordan Walden and David Hernandez to name a few. Otherwise, I think you're in great shape and I'd say hang onto Aardsma and Sizemore - he might surprise people this year.
DC nats05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby snuau » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:52 pm

DC nats05 wrote:I think your team looks pretty good. I like the balance on offense and depth at pitching, but perhaps your only weakness is closers. However, Aardsma will come back and closers in general are always coming and going (so scour the waiver wire). I would keep track of the closer situation in Tampa and keep your eye on other sleepers such as Chris Sale, Jordan Walden and David Hernandez to name a few. Otherwise, I think you're in great shape and I'd say hang onto Aardsma and Sizemore - he might surprise people this year.

Agreed. If street stays healthy along with rivera ill be ok at closer with other guys i can pick along the way if broxton holds down that job and aardsma doesnt pan out coming off that surgery but to start the season its a minor weak spot id say. my sp is also a minor weakness imo. good depth but without grienke im thin on reliable ace type pitchers. if things work out at closer ill likely try to trade one of them maybe along with a solid starter for another top tier starter in return. Thanks for the advice it's much appreciated and best of luck to you with that championship contender.
snuau
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team