Daniel Bard and Chris Sale... Help?!? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Daniel Bard and Chris Sale... Help?!?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Daniel Bard and Chris Sale... Help?!?

Postby TheGhost » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:29 am

Just wondering which of these two players has the best chance to become relevant in fantasy this year.

Daniel Bard
Chris Sale

My league does not reward set up men. Does someone in the White Sox rotation falter and Thornton heads to the rotation (opening up the closer spot for Sale)? Since Paplebon struggled (by his standards) last year, do the Red Sox give the closer job to Bard? Just want to know which player has the best chance at either a closer role or a spot in the rotation. Thanks and WHIR!!!!
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 101)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Daniel Bard and Chris Sale... Help?!?

Postby BlackBocks » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:33 am

TheGhost wrote:Just wondering which of these two players has the best chance to become relevant in fantasy this year.

Daniel Bard
Chris Sale

My league does not reward set up men. Does someone in the White Sox rotation falter and Thornton heads to the rotation (opening up the closer spot for Sale)? Since Paplebon struggled (by his standards) last year, do the Red Sox give the closer job to Bard? Just want to know which player has the best chance at either a closer role or a spot in the rotation. Thanks and WHIR!!!!

Id go with Sale...

Bard also has to deal with a proven closer in Jenks if Papelbon struggles...Sale was dirrrrty last year when he got called up.

viewtopic.php?t=425453
"Nick Punto and Chase Utley are the 'same kind of player'" - Bert Blyleven HOF 2011
BlackBocks
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jwfizzle » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:51 am

TheGhost wrote:Just wondering which of these two players has the best chance to become relevant in fantasy this year.

Daniel Bard
Chris Sale

I think Bard is awesome, but he isnt going to close this year. He will be a great Whip, Era type of guy but with Jenks in town the back up to Pappy is taken for NOW. Sale would be the RP to get the action sooner, so I would invest in him and hopefully that egg hatches!
jwfizzle
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby JaysFan » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:04 pm

LOVE Bard but it's gotta be Sale this year
JaysFan
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions