An opportunity to help out - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

An opportunity to help out

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

An opportunity to help out

Postby Warpigs » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:40 pm

My family and I will be participating in the Midd-West Relay for Life in central Pennsylvania in mid-June, representing our church (Port Ann Wesleyan) and helping raise money to fight cancer.
We've all been affected by cancer in one way or another. My father-in-law has dealt with skin cancer in the past couple years. Nothing too serious thankfully, but scary enough for those of us close to him. I can't imagine how hard it is for those dealing with advanced stages of cancer and their close friends and family.
I do know that while participating in our first Relay for Life two years ago, it was extremely powerful. I wasn't really sure what to expect, but as I walked laps for our team throughout the night, I couldn't help reading each of the hundreds upon hundreds of luminaries lit up along the roadway. They were so touching and very real. Every one of those luminaries stood for a local person who was stricken with cancer. Some of those survived the fight, many more didn't.
Anyway, I decided that night that we would make an annual commitment to participate in the Relay for Life. I just set up my personal page for this year's event. It would be cool to collect some extra money to donate to the cause. If you are interested, it is very easy to do ... just click the following link and follow the process from there:
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11PA?px=11771382&pg=personal&fr_id=31201
Thanks for your assistance. Every penny donated goes towards cancer research in the hopes of finding a cure.

Warpigs a.k.a. John Zaktansky
Warpigs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to General Talk