Which of these free agents should I pick up? WHIR! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Which of these free agents should I pick up? WHIR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which of these free agents should I pick up? WHIR!

Postby TheGhost » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:28 pm

I'm just looking to add value to my team and my league allows us to add 3 healthy players to the DL and keep them there as a 'minor league' of sorts. My league is also very friendly to starting pitchers so there's a slight slant towards the SP when considering a DL spot.

10 teams, H2H total points, put your starters in weekly. Non-keeper league.

Free agents considerations are: Rajai Davis, Zach Britton, Chris Sale, Julio Teheran, Andrew Bailey, Craig Kimbrel, Brandon Lyon, Mike Moustakas and Brandon Belt. Thoughts? WHIR! Roster below. Thanks.

C: Carlos Santana
1B: Adrian Gonzalez
2B: Chone Figgins
3B: David Wright
SS: Troy Tulowitzki
MI: Elvis Andrus
CI: Adam Dunn
LF: Jose Tabata
CF: Andrew McCutchen
RF: Shin Soo Choo
DH: Billy Butler
DH: Hunter Pence

SP: Felix Hernandez, Jered Weaver, Shaun Marcum, Ricky Romero, Brandon Morrow, Ian Kennedy, Jhoulys Chacin, Brandon Beachy, Brian Matusz, Micheal Pineda

RP: Joe Nathan, Chris Perez, Matt Capps, Daniel Bard
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 1780
(Past Year: 101)
Joined: 9 Dec 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Which of these free agents should I pick up? WHIR!

Postby footballisbetter.com » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:33 pm

No need for Bard in a points league. It looks like Bailey is ready to go, I would pick him up. I would even pick up Lyon instead of Bard.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2557
(Past Year: 92)
Joined: 4 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Which of these free agents should I pick up? WHIR!

Postby TheGhost » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:40 pm

footballisbetter.com wrote:No need for Bard in a points league. It looks like Bailey is ready to go, I would pick him up. I would even pick up Lyon instead of Bard.


I chose Bard in the draft because my bench is deep and I feel like Paplebon might stink this year. And if Pap does stink, then Bard will be in line for a ton of saves. More of just a shot in the dark but with huge upside. Pap only has one pitch and it's starting to get hit.
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 1780
(Past Year: 101)
Joined: 9 Dec 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Which of these free agents should I pick up? WHIR!

Postby footballisbetter.com » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:46 pm

TheGhost wrote:
footballisbetter.com wrote:No need for Bard in a points league. It looks like Bailey is ready to go, I would pick him up. I would even pick up Lyon instead of Bard.


I chose Bard in the draft because my bench is deep and I feel like Paplebon might stink this year. And if Pap does stink, then Bard will be in line for a ton of saves. More of just a shot in the dark but with huge upside. Pap only has one pitch and it's starting to get hit.

I understand. But he will still probably be sitting on the WW if Pap does get lit up. I see it more of just a guy to closely monitor on the WW.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2557
(Past Year: 92)
Joined: 4 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Which of these free agents should I pick up? WHIR!

Postby TheGhost » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:10 pm

footballisbetter.com wrote:
TheGhost wrote:
footballisbetter.com wrote:No need for Bard in a points league. It looks like Bailey is ready to go, I would pick him up. I would even pick up Lyon instead of Bard.


I chose Bard in the draft because my bench is deep and I feel like Paplebon might stink this year. And if Pap does stink, then Bard will be in line for a ton of saves. More of just a shot in the dark but with huge upside. Pap only has one pitch and it's starting to get hit.

I understand. But he will still probably be sitting on the WW if Pap does get lit up. I see it more of just a guy to closely monitor on the WW.


Okay, I'll drop Bard. But, which 3 free agents should I pick up from the list above? Thanks. ;-D
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 1780
(Past Year: 101)
Joined: 9 Dec 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Which of these free agents should I pick up? WHIR!

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:48 pm

Kimbrel
Bailey
Davis
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 15115
(Past Year: 296)
Joined: 12 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.


Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact