1st Auction Draft - How did I do?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

1st Auction Draft - How did I do??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

1st Auction Draft - How did I do??

Postby HairyHelmet » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:11 pm

League = 11 Team, 5x5 standard roto, 1st year keeper(5), 3 minor league spots, 200$ for draft

C- Posada 1
1B- Fielder 20
2B- Kinsler 20
3B- Bautista 14
SS- S. Castro 4
OF- Kemp 27
OF- Soo-Choo 15
OF- C. Young 4
U- A. Dunn 20

P- Verlander 18
P- T. Hanson 17
P- C. Hamels 15
P- E. Bedard 1
P- L. Nunez 1
P- K. Gregg 1

B- J. Morneau 15
B- A. Lind 2
B- C. McGehee 1
B- J. Tabata 2
B- A. Hill 1
B- D. Fowler 1

Minors- Jesus Montero, Brandon Belt, and Manny Banuelos
Thanks in advance for any input!
HairyHelmet
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 1st Auction Draft - How did I do??

Postby ramble2 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:29 pm

That's a nice team, with some great bargains. I love Posada for $1, Castro for $4 and Young for $4. Those are going to be huge payoffs this year, with the latter two very nice potential keepers. I think your offense looks great, though I hope Bautista can hit over .250 for you! Or are you punting BA? :-D

You did a great job on SP too. I love Bedard for $1. Even if he gives you only 80 IP (assuming they are quality innings) you've made back your investment. If he stays healthy, then he's another potential keeper.

Great bench too. McGehee, Tabata, Lind, Hill, Fowler -- all good bargains and great insurance for your team who will be able to fill in holes for you.

The weakness, of course, is saves. You might consider moving some of that bench depth for a closer, or packaging them with Gregg/Nunez for an upgrade. You'll need to be quick on the waiver wire to grab saves. If you do that, you're going to be in great shape to make a run at the title. I like this team.

(Thanks for the feedback on my team. ;-D)
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Re: 1st Auction Draft - How did I do??

Postby HairyHelmet » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:18 pm

Thanks, I thought that I did pretty well considering I didn't really spend for any of the top players in the draft. Being my first auction draft I was a little concerned with my strategy of looking for bargains and strying not to overspend for the top guys. I was thinking about trying to trade Dunn and someone from the bench to get a consistent closer and another SP to protect Bedard. I didn't mean to punt BA lol :-? I am hoping that Castro (whom I believe will hit .300 or near) and Soo-Choo will help me there. And I really hope that Morneau can contribute in that aspect as well. Thank you for the input/advice. :-D
HairyHelmet
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team