Help with some DL replacements - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Help with some DL replacements

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help with some DL replacements

Postby Surfs up » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:13 pm

I did my draft yesterday and gambled on a couple of players. Along with Utley sure to be headed to the DL I also have K. Morales and Brad Lidge.
I've thought about adding another starter in either Ivan Nova, Scott Baker or Braden. Or going with Contrearas who looks to be the closer while Lidge is out. Maybe even Benoit .We don't do holds but I thought if Valverded had to work back to back games Benoit could get some save chances and puts up good numbers.
I am also thinking of adding Alex Gordon or Michael Brantley to replace Morales who I can move to UT to get either of these players in his spot.
I need to replace Utley and I'm looking at Will Ryhmes , Jose Lopez or maybe take a gamble with Brad Emaus of the Mets.
Middle players were grabbed up in this years draft. Maybe somebody I'm missing for either spot I need to fill ?
What about Keven Gregg? Wilton Lopez? David Hernendez or even James MacDonald?
Standard 5x5 scoring
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 195)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help with some DL replacements

Postby LMack » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:25 pm

SP I'd get Baker

For the hitter, I'd go Michael Brantley. He had atleast some degree of success in the bigs last year. Alex Gordon is a AAA allstar, and even though he's raking in ST, I'm not buying it yet. I could understand trying to take a flier on Gordon however, if you need power considering you're missing Morales/Utley.
At 2B I'd Jose Lopez. He's got some pop and won't kill your average. Rhymes has the starting job, but even with Lopez's off days he should outproduce Rhymes.
Go Jay Bruce. Credits to Super Manny.
LMack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Help with some DL replacements

Postby Surfs up » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:55 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to mis both players prduction but I still have a solid core of hitters.
Pujlos, Miggy,Pedro Alverez,Matt Holliday, Hanley, Snider, Moreland, Span, Gardner, Raburn, Y, Escobar, and Eric Aybar .
My pitching looks pretty good as well. Felix, Scherzer, Tim Hudson, Chacin,Bumgarner, I. Kennedy , Duensing , Valverde and F. Rod along with Lidge.
I didn't want to overload the post with all my players.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 195)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions