Slow draft, pick 206 - Kuroda, Storen, Torrii, Abreu - WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Slow draft, pick 206 - Kuroda, Storen, Torrii, Abreu - WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Slow draft, pick 206 - Kuroda, Storen, Torrii, Abreu - WHIR

Postby plapre3 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:51 am

We are in the midst of our slow draft and I'm not sure where to go with this. The run on closers has happened and I only have 2, both with substantial question marks. We start 3 RP so it's nice to have 3 closers if possible. Please rank the following players, going at least 8 deep since have 7 picks until it's my turn.

At the moment, I'm not really happy with many of the options. I'm thinking either OF, SP, or RP. For OF, I think the best players on the board are Hunter and Kuroda, but both are old and I'm worried I don't have enough upside yet in this draft. Additionally, I feel like both OF and SP are pretty deep and while the older guys will round out my OF and SP nicely, there's a chance that I can get similar production out of players like Magglio and Niese at a later round. I'm leaning toward taking a closer, possibly Francisco, Storen, or McGee. Anyone have any insight into them?

My team thus far:
Hitters: Geovanny Soto, Prince Fielder, Ian Kinsler, Hanley Ramirez, Kevin Youkilis, Shin Soo Choo, Shane Victorino (Need 1 OF and 1 UTIL)
Pitchers: Roy Halladay, Jon Lester, Jered Weaver, Ted Lilly, Matt Thornton, Andrew Bailey (Need 1 SP and 1 RP)
Minors: Chris Sale, Brandon Belt, Zach Britton, Lonnie Chisenhall, John Lamb, Aaron Hicks (System full)

Available:
Non-OF Hitters: Derek Lee, Howie Kendrick, Chone Figgins, Neil Walker, Adam LaRoche, Danny Espinoza, Matt LaPorta, Garret Jones, James Loney, Mitch Moreland, David Freese, Chase Headly, Chris Johnson

OF: Torii Hunter, Bobby Abreu, Andres Torres, Vernon Wells, Denard Span, Jose Tabata, Carlos Beltran, Carlos Lee, Ryan Raburn, Rajai Davis, Logan Morrison, Andres Torres, Carlos Lee, Magglio Ordonez, Manny Ramirez, Chris Coghlan, Dexter Fowler, Jason Kubel, Michael Morse, Hideki Matsui, Alfonso Soriano, Will Venable

SP: Hiroki Kuroda, CJ Wilson, Scott Baker, Johnny Cueto, Jair Jurrjens, Wade Davis, Bronson Arroyo, Johnathan Niese, Brett Cecil, Clayton Richards, Derek Holland, Jake Peavy, Jeff Niemann, Bud Norris, Jason McDonald, R.A. Dickey, Marc Rzepczynski, Phil Coke, Carlos Carrasco, Justin Masterson, Aaron Harang, Jason Hammel.

RP: Frank Francisco, Drew Storen, Koji Uehara, David Aardsma, Brandon League, Jake McGee, Matt Capps, Brian Fuentes (pair with Bailey?)
--------------------------------------------------
6x6 weekly HtH 14 team roto keeper (bet. 5 and 10 keepers losing a draft pick for each after 5)

Offensive Categories:
BA, OPS, RBI, HR, SB and Runs Scored.
C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, UTIL
Pitching Categories:
W-L, S, ERA, K/IP, Quality Starts and WHIP
5 SP and 3 RP
----------------------------------------------------
plapre3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Slow draft, pick 206 - Kuroda, Storen, Torrii, Abreu - W

Postby Green Man » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:07 am

I would go with Kuroda, who I think is a cut above the other remaining pitchers and really rounds out your staff. After that, my choice would be OF- Abreu or V Wells.

All of the closers you listed have question marks. With 2 good closers already, I'd wait to fill that last slot. I like Francisco best of the ones listed. Farrell has said that he will be the closer when he returns and he always pitches well when healthy.
Green Man
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions