How would you rank these 4 pitchers in total points league? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

How would you rank these 4 pitchers in total points league?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How would you rank these 4 pitchers in total points league?

Postby TheGhost » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:11 pm

Clayton Kershaw
Jon Lester
C.C. Sabithia
Cliff Lee

I'm looking for a durable pitcher who's good for wins, K's, quality starts, complete games. Total points league. 10 teams.

Thanks! WHIR!
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 101)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How would you rank these 4 pitchers in total points leag

Postby footballisbetter.com » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:36 pm

Lee
Lester
Kershaw
Sabathia

That is how I have them ranked, but they are close and could be interchangeable.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 92)

Postby billycent » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:13 pm

Almost totally agree w/above except flip Lester and Lee... all 4 r amazing options though and u could almost draw a name out of a hat... take a look at mine.

viewtopic.php?t=425230
billycent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:03 pm

Lester
CC
Lee
Kershaw 4th by a lot. His pitch count is so high, he's gone after 5 or 6.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 291)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Xylo » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:06 am

HOOTIE wrote:Kershaw 4th by a lot. His pitch count is so high, he's gone after 5 or 6.

Starts of 7 IP or more in 2010:
Kershaw: 15
Lester: 16

I guess that one start was more than enough to put Lester ahead...by a lot. Last year as a 22-year old in front of an anemic offense, Kershaw was one of the best pitchers in baseball. He's had a sub-3.00 ERA for each of his first two full seasons in the majors. He saw a pretty big increase in K/BB ratio and also proved that he could handle a 200+ IP workload.

If you want to compare Kershaw and Lester, they were pretty close last season. Lester had more wins (of course), and one more complete game. Kershaw had more quality starts, a better ERA, and a better WHIP. The innings pitched, K's, and BB's are pretty even between the two of them. When you consider the fact that Kershaw just turned 23 and is already dominating hitters the way he has, I don't see how someone could believe that he's inferior to guys like Lester and C.C., especially "by a lot".

Oh and by the way, I realize that my post makes me sound like a smart ass. That wasn't my intention. I'm new here and this is my first post. Just stating my opinion and don't mean any offense.
Xylo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby footballisbetter.com » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:21 am

I play in a points league and this is what they each scored LAST season.
Kershaw- 569
Lester- 641
Sabathia- 666
Lee- 583
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 92)

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:56 pm

Xylo wrote:
HOOTIE wrote:Kershaw 4th by a lot. His pitch count is so high, he's gone after 5 or 6.

Starts of 7 IP or more in 2010:
Kershaw: 15
Lester: 16

I guess that one start was more than enough to put Lester ahead...by a lot. Last year as a 22-year old in front of an anemic offense, Kershaw was one of the best pitchers in baseball. He's had a sub-3.00 ERA for each of his first two full seasons in the majors. He saw a pretty big increase in K/BB ratio and also proved that he could handle a 200+ IP workload.

If you want to compare Kershaw and Lester, they were pretty close last season. Lester had more wins (of course), and one more complete game. Kershaw had more quality starts, a better ERA, and a better WHIP. The innings pitched, K's, and BB's are pretty even between the two of them. When you consider the fact that Kershaw just turned 23 and is already dominating hitters the way he has, I don't see how someone could believe that he's inferior to guys like Lester and C.C., especially "by a lot".

Oh and by the way, I realize that my post makes me sound like a smart ass. That wasn't my intention. I'm new here and this is my first post. Just stating my opinion and don't mean any offense.

i shouldn't have said by a lot. I love Kershaw. In a keeper i take him 1st. In a 5x5 he's close.
But i'm basing it on the fact he goes the fewest innings per start.
He was the highest of the 4 in P/IP and P/PA.
Add in the fact the Dodgers offense, and i think he's behind the other 3.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 291)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions