10 Team H2H Mixed League -WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

10 Team H2H Mixed League -WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

10 Team H2H Mixed League -WHIR

Postby screwball1234 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:56 am

Picked 7th in a snake draft, Good enought to win it all? Where should I look to improve?

Categories
Runs, HRs, RBIs, AVG, SLG, Steals
IPs, Wins, Ks, ERA, WHIP, Saves

C. Carlos Santana
1B. Prince Fielder
2B. Robinson Cano
3B. Ryan Zimmerman
SS. Starlin Castro
OF. Andre Ethier
OF. Nick Markakis
OF. Matt Kemp
UTL. Shane Victorino
BN. Carlos Lee
BN. Jason Bay

SP. Jon Lester
SP. Tommy Hanson
SP. Max Scherzer
RP. Carlos Zambrano
RP. Jeremy Hellickson
BN. Gavin Floyd
BN. Gio Gonzalez
BN. Brian Matusz
BN. Ricky Romero
BN. Clayton Richard
screwball1234
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 10 Team H2H Mixed League -WHIR

Postby marcum?barely know'em! » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:53 am

I am really liking you line up, you also have a good back up pitchers. I don't see alot of holes in your team. I mean lester and hanson is a great combo, and you line up looks stacked. fielder cano and zimmerman i think you are good to go. You Rp could use help, is joe nathan still out there i say pick him up and hold on to him if he is.
marcum?barely know'em!
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby skjelstrom » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:17 pm

I really like this team, the only problems I have are Castro and Markakis. Markakis is good, but doesn't do you much good in a 10 team league because he doesn't put up a whole lot in HR, SB and he is only mediocre in R, RBI. Try and trade him based on name and value. Castro is fine, im just not a fan :-b

SP is phenomenal. ALL your pitchers are going to kill it this year. I noticed your punting SV, which is ok i guess, but try to find a better pitcher for that RP spot than Zambrano...

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=425191
skjelstrom Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Re: 10 Team H2H Mixed League -WHR

Postby PinStripe Pride 718 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:30 pm

thanks for the help with mine ,i agree with the other posters ur lineup is beast ,ur pching is 1 ace 2 big upside guys an abunch of guys who could have big years i would A get a closer there has to be one ot there has to be one ot there in a 10 team league B trade ur depth in pitching fora solid number 2 starter agin thanks for the help on my pster goo luck hope to hear from you all year on my postings ;-D
PinStripe Pride 718
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Padres Fan » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:37 pm

Offense is good, but there hase to be better OF than Bay and Lee in the WW only flaw I see, I disagree and think Castro is a good pick and him along with Markakis stabilize you team AVG.

I aslo disagree and think your Pitching needs help, I see you punted Saves and have no relievers which could also hurt your WHIP/ERA with Lester being the only sure thing, especially since while Hanson is good will still be babied and may hick up and the rest have potential but probably a year or two off and alot pitch in hitters parks and are susceptable to higher ERA/WHIP, while punting saves and still keeping with high K totals and lower your team ERA/WHIP, players like Daniel Bard, Luke Gregerson, Mike Adams (or any Padres reliever lol), and Kenley Jansen, all have good k/9 stats really low ERA/WHIP.

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=425208
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby misterf » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:29 pm

thanks for the help with mine

The team looks very solid.

You have punted saves.....which i am never a fan of.....it's too easy to find cheap saves late in the draft and on the waiver wire I just don't think its necessary........but to each their own.

With that said, your hitters and sp's look great......especially the depth you have on the bench.

There is only one small problem....guys can't help you from the bench. Your team is so deep you are always going to have prime talent wasting away on the bench.

I would try to trade away some of your depth (bay,gonzalez, hellickson, floyd to try to improve the quality of one of your starters.

the 1st position i would try to improve is ss.....I like Castro....but there is a lot of risk there......when you are already punting a category you want to limit your risky players.

Upgrading markakis in the outfield would be my next target. If you could package a few of your bench SP's for a better quality guy that would also make sense.

I am nit-picking a bit.....overall a solid team.
misterf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 74)

Postby mzkp54 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:47 pm

Great team. Love the infield and SP. OF could use some upgrading, but I also think you'll be fine rolling with what you got. I think Markakis has a good year with the revamped O's offense. i think you have really good depth too. I'd say probably and 8.5 or 9/10.
mzkp54
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dandrews021 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:37 pm

I don't think you really need to do anything. I'd look for Markakis to have a higher run total and higher average now that he has a little more protection. Maybe a little more OF depth in case someone goes down, but you are good to go!

Mind looking at mine?
viewtopic.php?t=425328
dandrews021
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby shoof08 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:01 pm

Thanks for the help on mine. Your team line up is extremely well rounded. The only one I don't like are Bay (injuries, but could pay off if he's healthy) and Lee. Your staff is should win you most of the pitching categories except for saves. I'd try trading for a top or middle tier reliever, unless your plan was to punt saves all together.
shoof08
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MetsAllTheWay » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:05 pm

I like the team all around accept with the punting of saves philosophy. Maybe its something you like I just feel like its always possible to pick up relievers during the season who get saves but also have a decent whip and k rate.

I like the offense, your OF should be solid I think either Markakis or Bay will return to form so you should be good there. Rotation is very solid. Definitely have a chance to win if you stay healthy.

Help please thanks
viewtopic.php?t=425363
MetsAllTheWay
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team