Drop Johan Santana for Michael Pineda? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Drop Johan Santana for Michael Pineda? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Drop Johan Santana for Michael Pineda? WHIR

Postby Leiter Fan » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:05 pm

I play in a 6x6, H 2 H daily transaction keeper league that counts OPS and holds. I have been waiting for a spot to open up to pick up Michael Pineda, since I have at least 3 pitchers destined for the DL for the start of the season (Santana, Morrow and Peavy). I have 2 DL slots, so there will be room opening up on my roster. However, as I see more and more good press for Pineda (especially as a keeper) and as it is now virtually assured that he will be starting in the major league rotation, I am worried that I someone will grab him before any of these three guys are placed on the DL.

As I see it, Santana is the biggest question mark of those three for this year. Would you guys drop him (or someone else) for Pineda, or should I just be patient?

As always, I'll answer any of yours in return - just post a link.

Here is my current roster:

C: Buster Posey (C, 1B)
1B: Prince Fielder (1B)
2B: Kelly Johnson (2B)
3B: Alex Rodriguez (3B)
SS: Starlin Castro (SS)
LF: Jason Bay (LF)
CF: Jacoby Ellsbury (LF, CF)
RF: Jason Heyward (RF)
Util: Ike Davis (1B)

SP: Felix Hernandez, Cole Hamels, Brandon Morrow, Javier Vazquez, Jake Peavy, Jordan Zimmerman, Edinson Volquez, Johan Santana
RP: Joakim Soria, J.J. Putz, Drew Storen, Brandon League, Daniel Bard

Thanks, guys!
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Drop Johan Santana for Michael Pineda? WHIR

Postby Leiter Fan » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:01 am

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:44 am

Pineda over Johan easy in a keeper.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Shiti Field » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:13 pm

Johan Santaner may not pitch at all this season. The only way he comes back is if the Mess are in the race for the Wild Card, which is a stretch to begin with. And even if he does come back, he's coming off major shoulder surgery. His stuff had already degraded extremely BEFORE the surgery (88-89 mph average FB), I'd be shocked if Johan ever pitches at a high level ever again. The greatest thing he has going for him is 1. Shiti Field's dimensions 2. the National League.
Shiti Field
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Leiter Fan » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:28 am

Thanks for the input, guys! I made the move! :)
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions