Slow draft, pick 187: Kuroda, Storen, Torii, Snider? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Slow draft, pick 187: Kuroda, Storen, Torii, Snider? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Slow draft, pick 187: Kuroda, Storen, Torii, Snider? WHIR

Postby plapre3 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:34 am

We are in the midst of our slow draft and I'm not sure where to go with this. The run on closers has happened and I only have 2, both with substantial question marks. We start 3 RP so it's nice to have 3 closers if possible. Please rank the following players, going at least 8 deep since have 7 picks until it's my turn.

At the moment, I'm not really happy with many of the options. I'm thinking either OF, SP, or RP. For OF, I think the best player on the board is Hunter, but I'm worried I don't have enough upside yet in this draft. I'm leaning toward picking Travis Snider. For SP, I really like Kuroda, and I think having him would really round out my staff. However, an upside guy like Niese could be nice. RP is a mess. I really don't think Hanrahan will fall (on edit: He was taken), so it comes down to guys who are either injured or have question marks. I might be crazy, but I'd consider taking Sale here as an upside pick and insurance for Thornton. Oddly enough, he's way high on the CBS rankings, so he's the 3rd player down on the rankings when people go to pick. I'm leaning toward taking Francisco, Storen, or McGee. Anyone have any insight into them?

My team thus far:
- Geovanny Soto, Prince Fielder, Ian Kinsler, Hanley Ramirez, Kevin Youkilis, Shin Soo Choo, Shane Victorino
- Roy Halladay, Jon Lester, Jered Weaver, Ted Lilly, Matt Thornton, Andrew Bailey

Available:
Non-OF Hitters: Derek Lee, Howie Kendrick, Chone Figgins, Neil Walker, David Ortiz, Rafael Furcal, Danny Espinoza, Michael Cuddyer

OF: Torii Hunter, Angel Pagan, Bobby Abreu, Andres Torres, Aubrey Huff, Travis Snider, Vernon Wells, Denard Span, Jose Tabata, Carlos Beltran, Carlos Lee, Ryan Raburn, Rajai Davis, Logan Morrison, Andres Torres, Michael Cuddyer, Carlos Lee, Magglio Ordonez, Manny Ramirez

SP: Brett Myers, Hiroki Kuroda, CJ Wilson, Scott Baker, Edwin Jackson, Gavin Floyd, Javier Vazquez, Johnny Cueto, Jair Jurrjens, Wade Davis, Bronson Arroyo, Tim Stauffer, Johnathan Niese, Brett Cecil, Clayton Ricahrds, Derek Holland, Jake Peavy, Jorge De La Rosa,

RP: Frank Francisco, Drew Storen, Koji Uehara, Chris Sale (pair with Thornton), David Aardsma, Brandon League, Jake McGee, Matt Capps, Brian Fuentes (pair with Bailey?)
--------------------------------------------------
6x6 weekly HtH 14 team roto keeper (bet. 5 and 10 keepers losing a draft pick for each after 5)

Offensive Categories:
BA, OPS, RBI, HR, SB and Runs Scored.
C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, UTIL
Pitching Categories:
W-L, S, ERA, K/IP, Quality Starts and WHIP
5 SP and 3 RP
----------------------------------------------------
Last edited by plapre3 on Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
plapre3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Slow draft, pick 187: Kuroda, Storen, Torii, Snider? WHI

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:11 am

Hunter
Tabata
Hanrahan
Storen
Snider
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Saintyopa » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:48 am

I agree with Hootie. I like his order. Though with the team you have in place, and needing a 3rd closer, I would definitely take Hanrahan if he falls to you. Pit isn't great, but the save opportunites are his and his stats should be decent. I also wouldn't have a problem with Kuroda either. He is pretty underrated and has gotten better each of his years in the league. He ins't top end material by any means, but there is some upside with him.

Please help:
viewtopic.php?t=425076
Saintyopa
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ytorf » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:51 am

HOOTIE wrote:Hunter
Tabata
Hanrahan
Storen
Snider

I agree with this, and would maybe add

Sale
Myers
Jackson
Wilson
Morrison
Jurrjens

Thanks for the help with mine.
ytorf
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sigriffey » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:58 pm

ytorf wrote:
HOOTIE wrote:Hunter
Tabata
Hanrahan
Storen
Snider

I agree with this, and would maybe add

Sale
Myers
Jackson
Wilson
Morrison
Jurrjens

Thanks for the help with mine.

Agreed. I might put Sale ahead of Snider though ... you have a solid offense foundation at the moment.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Postby plapre3 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:35 pm

Snider and Hanrahan gone.

Leaning toward Kuroda, Storen, or maybe Sale. Ugh. Slow drafts leave too much time to think. It's agonizing
plapre3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions