2011 Cold Stove League Questionnaire - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Cold Stove League

2011 Cold Stove League Questionnaire

Moderators: smoovethug, RocketsDWM

Re: 2011 Cold Stove League Questionnaire

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:13 pm

1. What was your keeper plan, and do you regret jettisoning anyone yet?
Probably a good mix of Hitting and Starting Pitchers. I basically knew my keepers from the end of last year, so not much changed. My biggest dilemma was keeping Beckham vs. Marcum and part of me thinks I'm gonna get burned by letting Marcum go. We'll see.

2. What was your strategy in the MLB draft, and did you execute it to your satisfaction?
I guess I wanted to get some decent outfielders but I was kinda a mess. School has been killing me lately and I definitely made some ugly picks.

3. The best pick you made
Jeter hands down. Shouldn't have been there when he was.

4. The worst pick you made
Probably the Kevin Gregg pick. I can't remember which other RP I wanted but I had Gregg queued up as a last ditch.

5. Who have you got finishing top 3?
Fade, Fezzik, Kaveman

6. Who have you got finishing bottom 3 (show your working)?
Third Day (Mediocrity across the board), Wicked (Pitching), dAnzac (I see a lot of washed up hitters and an unproven pitching staff)

7. Who was the steal of the draft?
There are a couple late pitchers like Volquez, Shields, Santana, even Bedard, which could out to be great picks.

8. Who was the reach of the draft?
Keeping Grady Sizemore. Also that Beltran pick wasn't great.

9. Who is the biggest key to your success?
The last two keys to my success have sucked so I'm not gonna name anyone
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby WickedSmaat » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:32 pm

1. What was your keeper plan, and do you regret jettisoning anyone yet?
Keep the best players I could, but when you're debating Chipper Jones, the outlook isn't that good.

2. What was your strategy in the MLB draft, and did you execute it to your satisfaction?
Survive - eh, I'm alive but I've got a lot of work to get done. I have a lot of youth and a lot of O-L-D and not much in between, no prime time core

Travis Harper.

Maybe Morrison, he's got upside and youth but I feel eh about it.

Not me, and as long as I don't go 0-12 against any of them that's progress. Aussie, Bobbing, kaveman

Rockets, Third Day, and Me, but I see myself once again coming up strong in September and winning the Consolation bracket because that's how I roll.

Manny being Manny

Snider

Strasburg and Harper, wait are you talking 2011?
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RedBullVodka » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:10 am

[quote="WickedSmaat"]1. What was your keeper plan, and do you regret jettisoning anyone yet?
Had lots of player sot potentially choose from, and wasn't easy. Losing Wainwright was obviously a blow to my pitching. I've taken a chance on Pena hitting for better average than last year, as he has so much power potential in H2H. A-Ram, I felt I had to keep becasue 3B was so shallow. Didn't want to keep 2 closers in H2H, and since Marmol strikes so many out, it was Bell that had to go - but really difficult decision to jettison him. Then I had Hart, Carlos Lee and Delmon Young competing for the Waino spot. Decided on Young as youngest, and gives me an extra year to keep him over Lee. Eight of my keepers are same as last year. Time will tell whether decision to keep Lind, Pena etc was right.

Needed a CF, and then draft players with high K / HR potential if possible. Going to NZ made it pretty hard to execute any stratefy, but Rock was fantastic!

Didn't actually make many picks of my own, but quite like Ortiz or Colby Lewis.

Maybe Broxton, as looks like I could have waited on him, or grabbed a closer at the start of the closer run. On the plus side at least I didn't have to worry about the closer run.

I'm crap at analysing teams, but GP, Bobbing and Kave

Again, difficult to say, but Wicked has a long way to come back from, Rockets and Red

Derek Jeter - can't believe he slipped so far in Round 1.

Beltran.

Lind, Pena coming back strong. Hellickson filling the Waino void.
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 44)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Cold Stove League