Should I trade down the draft board?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Should I trade down the draft board??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Should I trade down the draft board??

Postby TheGhost » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:10 am

I currently hold the fourth pick in my draft and am thinking about moving down to the 9th spot. (H2H, 10 teams, total points league). My league is weighted heavily towards pitching and the pitchers go quickly. Pujols, Lincecum, Halladay and King Felix will all go before the 8th pick and I would be in prime position to grab Tulo, Miggy and maybe even Hanley. I just feel like if I don't draft pitching at the 4 spot, I could trade down and still get the position player I would've drafted anyway. Obviously having the higher second round pick (12th pick as opposed to the 17th) would be nice but is it worth it considering my 3rd and fourth round spots and the rest of the draft?? Anyway, I hope this makes sense and someone has some advice. Thanks for reading. WHIR!!!
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 103)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should I trade down the draft board??

Postby cfrat24 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:35 pm

Im not to familiar with H2H leagues, but I do understand SP is more valuable in H2H than roto. If you don't plan on taking a SP with the 4th pick, then moving down DEFINTITELY makes sense. I would wait until your pick is up to decide. See who's on the board for you at the time of your pick. If 2 SPS go before you then definitely worth the shot and going down. Dont think miggy will b there for u, but you will still be getting a solid bat there.
cfrat24
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 14)

Re: Should I trade down the draft board??

Postby midwestpatsfan » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:47 pm

First off, thanks for reading mine. I made the trade. It changed a little as I got Vernon Wells instead of Soto.
Anyways, on yours. I do not play in a head to head but with our categories pitching goes fast as well. I had the 2nd pick and if I could have trade down I would have. Wait until it is your pick and take the best offer, even if it is only to move down a couple spots. Figure out how many guys you would be happy with getting in the 1st and then you know how far you can trade down. Just avoid trading down too far and then being disappointed with whats left if worse case scenario were to happen.
midwestpatsfan
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions