Bryce Harper and Elvis Andrus for Jose Reyes? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Bryce Harper and Elvis Andrus for Jose Reyes?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bryce Harper and Elvis Andrus for Jose Reyes?

Postby rlrtwins » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:52 am

I was trying to upgrade in SS and have a good shot at the title in my league this year. Due to my strong minor league roster and initial draft in my Dynasty I have been able to establish a near power house. I came in second in my league last year and want to push for the title. I am considering trading Bryce Harper and Elvis Andrus for Jose Reyes. Would you do it? Keep in mind I also have Anthony Rendon in my minor league system.

I realize my pitching needs work but thats easy enough in this leageu from the waiver wire. I'm not going to pay for holds now and will make a few moves as the season progresses. Any thoughts you haev are welcome and thank you in advance!

The league is a 6x6 with 14 teams
Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)
Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

C Russell Martin
1b Prince Fielder
2b Robinson Cano
3B Evan Longoria
ss Elvis Andrus
OF Hunter Pence
OF Corey Hart
OF Jason Heyward
UT Chris Young
UT Michael Bourne

BN Ian Stewart
BN James Loney
BN Yunel Escobar
BN Alfonso Soriano

SP Trevor Cahill
SP Jair Jurjens
RP Joakim Soria
RP Carlos Zambrano
P Ted Lilly
P Shaun AMrcum
P Brett Myers

BN Ian Kenedy
BN Fausto Carmona
BN Clayton Richard
BN Derek Lowe

Minors

Bryce Harper
Anthony Rendon
Yonder Alonso
Wilmer Flores
Jaff Decker
Taylor Jungman
Zac MacPhee
Phillip Evans

I am alos looking at moving Martin and then picking up Jarod Saltalamachia
rlrtwins
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bryce Harper and Elvis Andrus for Jose Reyes?

Postby cfrat24 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:11 pm

I wouldn't do this trade.

First off......elvis andrus for jose reyes could be an upgrade.....but also potentially a downgrade. Im not sold on Reyes and his hype. The Mets are in disaray, and his status of even finishing the season with the mets is in jeapordy. If he gets off to a hot start theres a good chance he can get traded b\c they don't have the $ to sign him next year. Also the fact that he is a HUGE injury risk every year.

Harper, wait to see whats going on with him in the minors before you dump him. If he starts ripping up the minors, well then trade him off (if you are in position to win it) for a stud bat alone. I would wait it out, let the season get going.....you will have a much better idea of guys values once it gets going.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=424972
cfrat24
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 14)

Re: Bryce Harper and Elvis Andrus for Jose Reyes?

Postby cfrat24 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:13 pm

I wouldn't do this trade.

First off......elvis andrus for jose reyes could be an upgrade.....but also potentially a downgrade. Im not sold on Reyes and his hype. The Mets are in disaray, and his status of even finishing the season with the mets is in jeapordy. If he gets off to a hot start theres a good chance he can get traded b\c they don't have the $ to sign him next year. Also the fact that he is a HUGE injury risk every year.

Harper, wait to see whats going on with him in the minors before you dump him. If he starts ripping up the minors, well then trade him off (if you are in position to win it) for a stud bat alone. I would wait it out, let the season get going.....you will have a much better idea of guys values once it gets going.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=424972
cfrat24
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 14)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions