Morgan Ensberg Platooning?????? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Morgan Ensberg Platooning??????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:31 pm

"Mar 30 The Houston Chronicle reports Houston Astros 3B Morgan Ensberg was back in the starting lineup on Monday after being away from the team since Thursday because of personal reasons. "I think it's always possible," Ensberg said when asked about whether he would have to leave again during the season. "If I could, I'd like to leave it as I had to take care of something but everything is good"

this is kind of wierd...to say the least. I can see keeping your stuff private but why not say what's up or whatever. 'Everything is good' sounds like he's in a cult or something. Maybe HE's the one putting the hex on Prior!!

http://bigleaguers.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6604/news[/url]
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:32 pm

i have ensberg also (behind aramis ramirez) and the news troubles me. What kind of trade deal do you think i could get for him? Heres my roster right now tell me what i could trade him for.
12 team Yahoo league Standard 5X5 Roto
C-AJ Pierzynski
1B- Mark Teixieria
2B-Micheal Young
3B-Aramis Ramirez
SS-Nomar Garciaparra
OF-Vladimir Guerrero
OF-Brian Giles
OF-Corey Patterson
Util-Morgan Ensberg
Bn-Juan Gonzalez
Bn-Khalli Greene
Bn-Marlon Byrd
SP-Tim Hudson
Sp-Mark Mulder
Rp-Joe Borowski
Rp-Robb Nen
P-Carlos Zambrano
P-Mark Buehrle
P-Matt Mantei
Bn-Branden Looper
Bn-Rocky Biddle
Im a little weak in pitching, and a little bit in speed department. Possibilities are
Derek Lowe, Wade Miller, V Padilla, randy wolf. not sure which speedsters i should be looking for.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby reelbiggecko » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:43 pm

I have Ensberg as well in a keeper league, but I'm not worried. First of all, yes, Jimy Williams does not like him. That was evident all throughout last season in things that were said, and the fact that Williams insisted on platooning him with Geoff Blum even though Blum was more or less stagnant.

However, the move to get Lamb was not Williams's doing, it was that of the front office. Yes, it will give Jimy incentive to platoon his clubhouse nemesis, especially when you consider that he is a notorious sow starter (and this spring is no different), but look at it realistically. Ensberg is a young power hitter with .280-30-110 potential, if he can play for a whole season. Lamb is a journeyman utilityman, who was just last week in danger of not even making a Major League roster. One home run off some shitball in spring training isn't going to change anything.

As for Ensberg's recent departure from camp, it sounds strange, but chances are it's just some sort of family sickness or something. Players don't like giving out that info.

If you can get something good in return for Ensberg, yeah, you might as well trade him as long as you have a good backup plan. But don't just jump ship for no reason; he will meet expectations in 2004.
reelbiggecko
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:36 am

Thanks Gekko!! I will hang onto him for a while as I have Dmitri Young to slot into 3rd for now to keep an eye on what goes on. If it's a family illness (which sounds more plausible than a cult, I'll admit...) that's certainly good that everything's ok.

Just a bit odd that he'd take a few days off now and then be expecting a few more days off later for whatever it is.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby RedsRebirth » Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:10 am

Im not jumping ship either, Ensbegs upside is too big and I too think he will realize his potential this year.
RedsRebirth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby unclepaulie » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:52 am

reelbiggecko wrote:I have Ensberg as well in a keeper league, but I'm not worried. First of all, yes, Jimy Williams does not like him. That was evident all throughout last season in things that were said, and the fact that Williams insisted on platooning him with Geoff Blum even though Blum was more or less stagnant.

However, the move to get Lamb was not Williams's doing, it was that of the front office. Yes, it will give Jimy incentive to platoon his clubhouse nemesis, especially when you consider that he is a notorious sow starter (and this spring is no different), but look at it realistically. Ensberg is a young power hitter with .280-30-110 potential, if he can play for a whole season. Lamb is a journeyman utilityman, who was just last week in danger of not even making a Major League roster. One home run off some shitball in spring training isn't going to change anything.

As for Ensberg's recent departure from camp, it sounds strange, but chances are it's just some sort of family sickness or something. Players don't like giving out that info.

If you can get something good in return for Ensberg, yeah, you might as well trade him as long as you have a good backup plan. But don't just jump ship for no reason; he will meet expectations in 2004.

GOOD POST!!! The voice of informed reason.
Image <-----Meet the "NEW" Mets

"I pity the mind that can only spell a word one way"
-Thomas Jefferson
unclepaulie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: @ your house with my dirty shoes on ya white couch!

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers