David Price for Dan Uggla? WHIR rah rah rah - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

David Price for Dan Uggla? WHIR rah rah rah

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

David Price for Dan Uggla? WHIR rah rah rah

Postby sinicalypse » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:23 pm

5x5 12 team standard roto yahoo publeague. this team seems to be pretty OK however you never know when you can get in a 30/90 lock (batting average be damned) if you should pull the trigger and potentially damn your pitching armada. I was offered Dan Uggla for my David Price... here's the squad:

c - jorge posada
1b - adam dunn
2b - gordon beckham
ss - jhonny perlata (tho someone cut stephen drew so i'm awfully tempted)
3b - neil walker
OF - ryan braun
OF - vladimir guerrero
OF - juan pierre
util/OF - brett gardner
util/3B - edwin encarnacion

and here's the motherload

SP - roy halladay, jon lester, david price, tommy hanson, jeremy hellickson, carlos zambrano
RP - carlos marmol, brian wilson, brian fuentes, sergio romo, jon rauch, alexi ogando, mark lowe

so what thinkest thou? i'm quite bullish on beckham this year, however, I could stand to move david price in this league and not take too big of a hit and end up with uggla... is it worth it? many here think price will regress to some ~3.80/1.30 type pitcher with 12 wins, but if you look at his stats last year the guy was as consistent as any starter in the game... plus I saw his MLB debut at yankee stadium so god must've wanted me to know about the guy, and as such I do =D

link ye olde thread and i shall babble indiscriminantly about ye olde fantasy issue
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: David Price for Dan Uggla? WHIR rah rah rah

Postby footballisbetter.com » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:31 pm

First off, I would definitey pick up Drew. he is better then Peralta period.

I think that you should definitely move either Price or Hughes for a hitter. You are stacked at SP. You might be able to get more for Price though. But if you can't then I am fine with deal and wil help your team.

see mine? viewtopic.php?t=424811
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 92)

Postby MaudDib » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:06 pm

No thanks. Beckham is a fine 2B. I would rather have Drew at SS. If I was to move one of your SP, I would look to get an OF or a SS if you can't get Drew.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 301)

Postby healyja » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:33 pm

I would make the move, seems like you got two Solid Aces already. If Beckham turns it around you will always have trade bait.

please help here

viewtopic.php?t=424902
healyja
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hot4tx » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:53 pm

First definitely go after Drew!

Second I'd also look into getting a 5x5 OF for an ace instead of a 2B if I were you. If Uggla was drafted before Price then stall on that trade offer and look around for an OF, and make sure to offer the ace you'd trade or potentially Uggla (tell them "if I can get him") for an OF you like. If Uggla was drafted after price then make the guy give you an upgrade somewhere else (would he trade Uggla and a slightly better OF for Pierre?). Also find out what you could get for Beckham if you did trade for Uggla.

In the end I think your team looks more sound with pitching depth, but if Uggla is valued by your league (many will go by yahoo rankings or by the way the draft went) you may have more value with Uggla. The problem in a public league its often so hard to trade that getting value over roster balance sometimes backfires.

help with mine if you can
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)

Postby sinicalypse » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:08 am

footballisbetter.com wrote:First off, I would definitey pick up Drew. he is better then Peralta period.

I think that you should definitely move either Price or Hughes for a hitter. You are stacked at SP. You might be able to get more for Price though. But if you can't then I am fine with deal and wil help your team.

whoa, did I end up with Phil Hughes in this somehow? =D
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby footballisbetter.com » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:28 am

sinicalypse wrote:
footballisbetter.com wrote:First off, I would definitey pick up Drew. he is better then Peralta period.

whoa, did I end up with Phil Hughes in this somehow? =D

Oops sorry. I guess I can't read or too many beverages last night. :-]
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 92)

Postby sinicalypse » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:41 am

OK guys, BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP here (picture an image of the lingerie football league doing one of those contemporary jumping chest bumps) --- this deal is still on the table and I'm really on the fence.

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING: Seeing as I had the #10 or 11 waiver position, the perennial "this will be the year!" wunderkind of STEPHEN DREW has been claimed by another team. Also, someone in this league decided to cut 2011's boy wonder of sleeperville's pitching housing projects, jordan zimmermann. I've never been a zimmermann guy in my fantasy baseball career, but my boy KolbSaves (where art thou, palacial one?) was up on his steez way back in 2009 and as the nick would have you know, Kolb indeed Saves. Kolbie applied foot-to-my-arse every year I played him... although, I didn't really blossom as a fantasy baseball player until the mid-late 3009

So now my SP rotation goes like this: Roy Halladay, Jon Lester, David Price, Tommy Hanson, Carlos Zambrano, Jeremy Hellickson, and Jordan ZImmmerman.

I know that my SP seems like an embarrassment of riches.... and I do realize that my offense isn't 100% bonafide. Beckham has yet to put it together for a full season, Neil Walker is a relatively-late-blooming first round draft pick who, projecting last year's stats over 15 games, would have given you .296/16/90, which is just dandy for 2B but a bit low on HR power for 3B, where I tentatively have him starting (although, The People's Sleeper Edwin Encarnacion is right there at a util position, seeing as I'm holding onto a world of pitchers going into this last week of the season... I'm like that guy who hangs outside of high schools when they let out and walk up to kids like "hey dudes, does anyone need some SP"?? ...Comeon timmy, your mom is out of town this weekend... Just you can look at his splits all day long"

Ok that needs to end before I take the joke too far =P

so basically the question is, do you give up david price straightup for dan uggla? or how about hellickson and neil walker for uggla? keep in mind this guy also has pedroia and brandon phillips. maybe I could wing a jeremy hellickson-for brandon phillips? or hell, any pedroia true believers? maybe I could get pedroia for david price.

BTW: do you see how much I incessantly babble? If you are gracious enough to respond to this post, I will go into this kind of detail to ensure that your questions are answered. It's always easier to be opinionated when it isn't your team =D

# jay-MZ
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:47 am

If you can get Pedroia for Price, I'd pull the trigger.

Same thing with Hellickson for Phillips, though that doesn't seem as likely.

I'm not as big a fan of the original deal of Price for Uggla, but with your pitching staff you could certainly afford to do it. I'd explore other options first... if the other team your dealing with has those three 2B, I can't imagine he wouldn't deal one of them and improve his team elsewhere.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby zazzal87 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:42 pm

I think i would hold off on the deal for uggla...yea uggla had a great year last year but his career AVG is .263 so i doubt he will hit .287 like he did last year...being that this other guy does have phillips and pedroia also i could see you packaging something good together for him to get pedroia...i would even do price and walker for pedroia...i think pedroia is going to have a great year in the rediculous offensive line up in boston....if he wont bite on giving up pedroia then see if he would do hellickson for phillips afterward....that would be a good deal for you too

help me....

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=425198
zazzal87
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions