Keep D. Freese or D. Holland - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keep D. Freese or D. Holland

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keep D. Freese or D. Holland

Postby ajbubs » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:58 am

which one would you keep and why? Its a 16 team league w/ obp instead of avg. I will be able to keep either one for fours years if I choose to. I am not keeping another 3b either, but there should be some good options available in the draft. Holland has been pretty good in spring training and is pretty much a lock to make the rotation at least until branden Webb returns. If he is still pitching well he will stay.

Freese had decent numbers through 240 ab's until he got hurt last year but doesn't seem to have much power potential. Also, he won't play every day. This is from his notes in yahoo:

"St. Louis manager Tony La Russa is so encouraged by Freese's health that he's willing to adjust his expectation of the third baseman's playing time"

"Originally La Russa wanted Freese to play two out of every three games, or a pace of 108 games for the season, but now he may want Freese playing six out of every seven games, or close to a 140-game workload."

I am leaning towards Holland because of the upside. Thanks in advance.
ajbubs
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keep D. Freese or D. Holland

Postby MaudDib » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:48 am

I would take Holland as well. He has a lot more upside. One thing to note though is Holland doesn't have a rotation spot locked down just yet, so if you can wait this out just in case Holland goes to the pen, I would.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 281)

Re: Keep D. Freese or D. Holland

Postby ajbubs » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:23 am

I have to decide by today, so unfortunately I can't wait until Holland is assured a starting spot. I have a feeling he will be regulated to long relief not to long into the season unless he's pitching great.
ajbubs
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions