Auction Keeper Rules Question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Auction Keeper Rules Question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Auction Keeper Rules Question

Postby baseballron » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:37 am

I'm starting a new auction keeper league this year and wanted some advice on the keeper process. I want to make sure that the inflation values in future years aren't ridiculous, but also aren't negligible. We are using pretty standard 1-catcher league setup but with a little deeper bench. 22 starters - C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, 5 OF, MI, CI, UT, 9 P; 6 bench. Salary cap is $260. I'm thinking that the keeper process will be to add $5 to all salaries for the next year or to add 25%, whichever is higher.

Does anyone have some experience in a league similar to this where you can give me some advice?
baseballron
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Auction Keeper Rules Question

Postby bigmck » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:37 pm

What we have done for many years is to give a player his auction salary the first two years. The third year would be an increase of five dollars and the fourth and every year after is an increase of ten dollars. Of course the player could be dropped at any time and his salary would start would be reset to zero. This has worked well and there are always good players in the auction each year. We use a max of 11 Keepers with a $260 budget and 23 players.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner