Try to trade for Cano or B Phillips? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Try to trade for Cano or B Phillips? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Try to trade for Cano or B Phillips? WHIR

Postby footballisbetter.com » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:16 am

I am thinking about offering the following trades? How do they look and which one should I try first? I could use help in BA, Runs, Wins, ERA and K's.

Option 1- I give Kemp and either Hill or Uribe for Cano (this owner is short a Utility player right now). I could then pick up Crisp from the WW and still look to possibly trade a closer for a SP

Option 2- I give F Cordero and either Hill or Uribe for B Phillips (this owners only closer is A Bailey). I could then pick up one of Carmona, Pavano, Westbrook, Holland, Duensing from the WW.

My team
C- Lucroy
C- Suzuki
1B- Butler
2B- A Hill
SS- Y Escobar
3B- P Alvarez
MI- C Figgens
CI- M Reynolds
OF- Carlos Gonzalez
OF- Kemp
OF- Abreu
OF- Rajaj Davis
U- V Wells
Bench- J Uribe, Kendrys Morales (will be able to put him on DL and pick up another player until he returns)
Pitchers (start 9, any combination of SP/RP)
J Lester, P Hughes, Hellickson, Kuroda, Colby Lewis, Marmol, Papelbon, Francisco Cordero, R Franklin, Hanrahan
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 157)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Try to trade for Cano or B Phillips? WHIR

Postby Valandir » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:08 am

I like option 2 more, especially if you can give up Uribe and Coco for Phillips. Hill and Cordero for Phillips I think is still an okay trade, but not great. It helps if you need runs, especially as long as Phillips is batting early in the Reds lineup.

Option 1 is fine as well, again especially with Uribe and Kemp for Cano, I just don't think that the owner will accept the trade.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=424807&p=3367029#p3367029, thanks.
Valandir
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby midwestpatsfan » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:37 am

I think I would stick to trade number 2. I would prefer to keep Kemp and you can probably chase saves easier than finding power.
hlep me?
posting.php?mode=post&f=26
midwestpatsfan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wyld stallions » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:26 pm

I can't seem him even consider option 1. Option 2 is ok, but I donot think it is a huge gain.
wyld stallions
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby crawlman110 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:49 pm

i think youd want cano due to he will give you a bunch of rbi and OBP. ik if the other owner would deal cano though.

please help -http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=424846
crawlman110
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby billycent » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:38 am

Trade #2 for sure if you can get it done... try and hold on to Kemp. P.S. if he's still available grab Bedard, could get huge returns if he can finally stay healthy, plus none of those other options are overly impressive anyway. Thnx for the help on mine.
billycent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sinicalypse » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:52 am

I'd try for option one, if only because Robinson Cano is much more of a sure thing at 2B than Aaron Hill. If Aaron Hill could hit ~.270 even with last year's power, he'd have a better RBI total and probably not be worth what you're giving up for Cano, but I can understand wanting to go for the "sure thing" --- plus as it was said right above me I doubt the guy would take trade option 1.

If you can pull of option 2, sure, go ahead for that one. As it's been said, you can always partake in the international phenomenon of scrapping for saves later on!
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby panjam » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:09 pm

I don't like option 1, unless it's Kemp/Uribe for Cano - No way he goes for that though. I expect both Kemp & Hill to be close to their 2009 numbers, not 2010's.

Option 2 is better, but still pretty risky. Hill was extremely unlucky last year & barring injury will easily outperform his stats from 2010, which will put him fairly close to Phillips numbers (more power, less speed & hits). You definitely don't need stolen bases - you already have tons of speed (Ichiro, Davis, Kemp, Figgins, CarGo) and should easily win that category most weeks.

If you're really unhappy with Hill as your starting 2B, I'd try something like Kemp/Papelbon for Cano or Hill/Papelbon for Pedroia. I think you'll be pleased with Hill's output this year if you hang onto him though - he's played 3 games so far and should be OK for opening day. I'd be more concerned with your rotation, not a whole lot behind Lester.
panjam
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions