A-Gone & Votto Trade Help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

A-Gone & Votto Trade Help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A-Gone & Votto Trade Help

Postby mattparmely » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:48 pm

I will list our teams...
Were working on having A-Gone and Votto as the centerpieces and both see Gonzo as 1 and Votto as 1a. So its slightly favored for him. We are having issues with the second guy included in a 2 for 2. We are working on possibly pitching right now but I love my rotation. If I do get Gonzo I may trade away Pujols to someone else. Its a 3 man keep league FYI. Any suggestions or analysis?

Mixed, standard 5x5 league. Rotisserie.

C - Napoli
1B - Pujols
2B - Phillips
SS - Andrus
3B - Youk
OF - Cruz
OF - Eithier
OF - Ellsbury
DH - Votto
Bench - Jennings (Tampa Bay)
Bench - Logan Morrison
Bench - Gaby Sanchez
Bench - Michael Young (Texas for now)
Bench - Brian Roberts

SP - Lee
SP - Carpenter
SP - Hanson
SP - Buchholz
SP - C.J. Wilson
RP - Francisco Rodriguez
RP - Lidge

& his team:
C - Buster (not available. He's a Giants fan)
1B - A. Gonzalez
2B - Kinsler
SS - Drew
3B - A-Rod
OF - Braun
OF - Upton
OF - Stanton
DH - Rasmus
Bench - A-Ram
Bench - Desmond
Bench - Jesus Montero
Bench - Grady Sizemore
Bench - Juan Pierre

SP - CC
SP - Haren
SP - Scherzer
SP - Chacin
RP - Soria
RP - Nathan
RP - Valverde
mattparmely
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: A-Gone & Votto Trade Help

Postby RyeWhiskey » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:56 pm

I'd stick with what you have. Votto is a great player and I wouldn't deal him for AGon unless the offer was too good to pass up.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=424755
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mattparmely » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:59 pm

AngryMonkey wrote:I'd stick with what you have. Votto is a great player and I wouldn't deal him for AGon unless the offer was too good to pass up.

Really?? I just fell crazy about having 2 first baseman. I shouldnt flip for A-Gone? I am a Red Sox fan but this is a money league so Im not going to do something stupid. I cant see Votto hitting .330+ and 35+ again. no way, right?
mattparmely
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby RyeWhiskey » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:06 pm

mattparmely wrote:
AngryMonkey wrote:I'd stick with what you have. Votto is a great player and I wouldn't deal him for AGon unless the offer was too good to pass up.

Really?? I just fell crazy about having 2 first baseman. I shouldnt flip for A-Gone? I am a Red Sox fan but this is a money league so Im not going to do something stupid. I cant see Votto hitting .330+ and 35+ again. no way, right?

You have a DH spot right? So what's the problem with having arguably the 5th best hitter in baseball at your DH? I'd be really pleased with Votto as my DH. Furthermore, in order to deal for AGon you are going to have to concede something. So what you need to ask is whether or not what you give up is worth the difference between Votto and AGon.

Votto will probably edge AGon in the average department, with a slight nod to AGon in HRs and RBIs. Rs are a wash, and Votto chips in 10+ SBs to boot. Is the 3 HRs and 10 RBIs worth the .010 points in AVG and 10 SBs? Maybe, maybe not. But when you consider that you're also losing more in the other player, it's just not worth it.
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mattparmely » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:12 pm

AngryMonkey wrote:
mattparmely wrote:

You have a DH spot right? So what's the problem with having arguably the 5th best hitter in baseball at your DH? I'd be really pleased with Votto as my DH. Furthermore, in order to deal for AGon you are going to have to concede something. So what you need to ask is whether or not what you give up is worth the difference between Votto and AGon.

Votto will probably edge AGon in the average department, with a slight nod to AGon in HRs and RBIs. Rs are a wash, and Votto chips in 10+ SBs to boot. Is the 3 HRs and 10 RBIs worth the .010 points in AVG and 10 SBs? Maybe, maybe not. But when you consider that you're also losing more in the other player, it's just not worth it.

Thanks for the break down. I guess having 2 huge bats at first base just is hard to take. Plus I dont see Votto improving at all in any category this season. Hes not gonna bat over .330 or hit more than 35 home runs again, IMO. A-Gone's ceiling is huge. We have discussed Upton as a centerpiece too. But i dont know how sold I am on Upton.
What do you think of my team? Do I need to improve anywhere?
mattparmely
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby RyeWhiskey » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:22 pm

mattparmely wrote:
Mixed, standard 5x5 league. Rotisserie.

C - Napoli ;-D
1B - Pujols ;-D
2B - Phillips ;-D
SS - Andrus ;-D
3B - Youk ;-D
OF - Cruz ;-D
OF - Eithier ;-D
OF - Ellsbury ;-D
DH - Votto ;-D
Bench - Jennings (Tampa Bay) :-S
Bench - Logan Morrison :-t
Bench - Gaby Sanchez :-t
Bench - Michael Young (Texas for now) ;-D
Bench - Brian Roberts ;-D

SP - Lee ;-D
SP - Carpenter ;-D
SP - Hanson ;-D
SP - Buchholz ;-D
SP - C.J. Wilson ;-D
RP - Francisco Rodriguez ;-D
RP - Lidge :-°

I'd say you need 2 more closers, and I'd get rid of Morrison and Sanchez, and possibly Jennings as well. Your teams are stacked, so I'm assuming this is a small league. So you should be able to drop them for some good closers or potential closers.
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions