Drafting 13th in 13-team roto league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Drafting 13th in 13-team roto league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Drafting 13th in 13-team roto league

Postby MattitudeOU » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:33 pm

Yeah, drew the odd and unenviable spot of 13th in my 13-team 5x5 roto league. Any advice on what to target?
MattitudeOU
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Drafting 13th in 13-team roto league

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:57 pm

I don't see the 13th spot as being unenviable. There are so many similar players in that 4-16 range that you can't lose assuring yourself of 2 of them.

Whoever else you take, I think I'd be sure to grab either Adrian Gonzalez, Mark Teixeira, or both. 1B is loaded with elite options, but they all seem to be gone by the end of round 2. It would be sweet for one of Crawford, Braun, Cano, or Wright to fall to 13, but assuming the draft goes relatively to form, ARod, Zimmerman, Holliday, or Halladay would be great to pair with an elite first baseman. I personally would be more than a little tempted to take both Adrian and Tex if they fell.

Looking at some rankings, it looks like Yahoo has Teixeira ranked below Howard and Fielder. I disagree with this. Though I prefer Adrian (he's a bit more of a risk) I think Teixeira is a great value this year. His average fell way off last year due to his usual slow start, but I think he's a .275 hitter, putting year to year luck aside. You know he's going to put up numbers in the Yankee lineup and he's never put up a dud of a year like Prince's 2010, nor is he on the decline like Howard.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Drafting 13th in 13-team roto league

Postby cs3 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:25 pm

I would take the best 1B available (i personally have them AGon, fielder, tex, then howard) and then either
1) crawford
or
2) holliday

There are not any 3B i would be willing to take that soon assuming wright/longoria are gone
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers