Where does this team need help. Lots of info. WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Where does this team need help. Lots of info. WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Where does this team need help. Lots of info. WHIR

Postby footballisbetter.com » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:58 pm

This was an auction league. Standard 5x5 H2H scoring. For some reason closers go for a decent amount of $ in this auction. My team:
C- Lucroy
C- Suzuki
1B- Butler
2B- A Hill
SS- Y Escobar
3B- P Alvarez
MI- C Figgens
CI- M Reynolds
OF- Carlos Gonzalez
OF- Kemp
OF- Abreu
OF- Rajaj Davis
U- V Wells
Bench- J Uribe, Kendrys Morales (will be able to put him on DL and pick up another player until he returns)
Pitchers (start 9, any combination of SP/RP)
J Lester, P Hughes, Hellickson, Kuroda, Colby Lewis, Marmol, Papelbon, Francisco Cordero, R Franklin, Hanrahan

Per CBSsporsline projections (which aren't the best) this are the categories I may struggle in when compared to other teams:
Batting average (worst), Runs- near the middle. It has me projected near the top in HR, RBI and SB

Pitching I will struggle with Wins, K's and ERA. Will be solid in saves and WHIP.

These are notable FA's:
Crisp, Pennington, JD Drew, Fowler, Damon, Byrd, McLouth, Borbon, Peralta, Aviles, Dejesus

Baker, Braden, Carmona, Duensing, Pavano, Stauffer, Richard, W Davis, Westbrook, Holland, Capps, B Noris
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 92)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where does this team need help. Lots of info. WHIR

Postby Remotethumb » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:10 pm

I would drop a couple of those RPs...look at Pavano, Carmona, Westbrook (I know, I can't believe I'm saying it either but they have the experience and there's no more 'roids, plus they may all be still doing good in spring training, haven't checked in a week, busy) But I would shed a couple of those RPs for SPs for sure.

I like Crisp and Byrd but not over your other OFers. You should trade 1 of your stud OFers for an IFer and pick up one of those guys as a free agent.
Remotethumb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby MaudDib » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:38 pm

I would look to make a trade. There has to be a couple teams in need of a closer. Don't just drop them but I do think you could get a decent SP in a 2-1 kind of thing and then grab one of those SP off the WW.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 301)

Postby footballisbetter.com » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:02 pm

How do these possible trades sound:

I give: F Cordero and A Hill for B Phillips
or
I give: Kemp and A Hill for Cano (I could then pick up Crisp, and also look to trade a closer for a starter)
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 92)

Postby candyman » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:45 am

footballisbetter.com wrote:How do these possible trades sound:

I give: F Cordero and A Hill for B Phillips
or
I give: Kemp and A Hill for Cano (I could then pick up Crisp, and also look to trade a closer for a starter)

I agree that you should trynfor a 2-1 deal to unload a RP and upgrade your bats or SP. What kind of trades are out there combining a SP with an RP?

I don't mind the Cordero/hill for Philips deal. But I think you can do better if you shop around a bit.

Thanks for your input on mine
candyman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions