How does my team look? [WHIR] - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How does my team look? [WHIR]

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How does my team look? [WHIR]

Postby Swept Away » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:01 pm

Another fun fantasy draft come and gone. 12-team, standard 5x5 roto mixed league with an auction draft and 4 keepers. My keepers were Stanton, Rasmus, Feliz, and Buchholz.

Depending on what Texas does with Neftali, I could be in desperate need of a closer. Aardsma is going to be on the DL for at least a month, and I already missed out on Brandon League. Free agent bidding starts tomorrow and I'm going to go hard for Juan Gutierrez since he may be getting some early save opportunities in AZ. I picked up Meek for the outside chance that he wins the job in Pitt, but that doesn't look like it's happening. Rauch, Madson, Uehara, Peralta, and Farnsworth are all free agents as well.

Any insight or opinions would be appreciated. Leave a link to your thread if you want me to answer a question.

SLOT PLAYER, TEAM POS
C Victor Martinez, Det C
C Alex Avila, Det C
1B Paul Konerko, CWS 1B
2B Dan Uggla, Atl 2B
3B Ryan Zimmerman, Was 3B
SS Starlin Castro, ChC SS
2B/SS Neil Walker, Pit 2B
1B/3B Carlos Pena, ChC 1B
OF Colby Rasmus, StL OF
OF Mike Stanton, Fla OF
OF Michael Bourn, Hou OF
OF Denard Span, Min OF
OF Julio Borbon, Tex OF
UTIL James Loney, LAD 1B

Bench Mike Moustakas, KC 3B
Bench Danny Espinosa, Was 2B
Bench Marlon Byrd, ChC OF

P Clay Buchholz, Bos SP
P Neftali Feliz, Tex RP
P Chris Carpenter, StL SP
P Ubaldo Jimenez, Col SP
P Max Scherzer, Det SP
P Brad Lidge, Phi RP
P C.J. Wilson, Tex SP
P David Aardsma, Sea RP
P Edwin Jackson, CWS SP

Bench James McDonald, Pit SP
Bench Evan Meek, Pit RP
Swept Away
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How does my team look? [WHIR]

Postby afern401 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:56 pm

I like your pitching staff a lot. I think Feliz will be in the pen this year. If not, I would see if anyone would trade a closer for him. Your SPs are strong as is and we arent sure how his debut season as a starter will go. I would try to sell high on his hype.
afern401
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 23)

Postby Lsquad » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:17 am

your pitching is great, especially if your can scrounge up some saves, though I'm a bit leery of your O. Zimmerman and maybe Uggla are the only guys I'd really look on as being reliable. I'd have you penciled in for below average production out of just about every position, save catcher and 3rd base. of course, your pitching can make up for it, and you have players that i can see fittings well together, but I'm not sure it will work in practice.

Take a look at mine: viewtopic.php?t=424792
Lsquad
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby midwestpatsfan » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Thanks for looking at mine. There are saves out there is looks like and I think the rest of your pitching staff is great. Hitting is a little suspect, but if the youngsters play like they are capable you will be competitive. One more proven bat would be a big help so you may think about moving SP for a hitting.
midwestpatsfan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Los Gringos » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:02 pm

I agree with the above remarks about how you have a great pitching staff. My concern with the team would also be your offense. I have said in another post that I am not familiar with auction draft keeper leagues, so my insight maybe irrelevant. As for the closer, is Gregg available? He could be a good pick-up for saves. See what you can do with your offense, don't go overboard tho because it is not terrible as it is, just could use a little work. Good luck!

viewtopic.php?t=424696
Los Gringos
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team