UPDATED: 8 team H2H, help out, WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

UPDATED: 8 team H2H, help out, WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

UPDATED: 8 team H2H, help out, WHIR

Postby Los Gringos » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:36 am

I personally believe I did well in my draft. I was first overall pick in a league of 8 teams. The picks alternate each round, meaning my 2nd and 3rd picks were back to back and so forth. I have mentioned my team to quite a few people and the majority seem to think my team is below average for an 8 team league. If you could provide insight, opinions, recommendations, that would be awesome. My confidence is a bit shot now about this team.

LOS GRINGOS

C- Buster Posey
1B- Albert Pujols
2B- Dustin Pedroia
3B- Kevin Youkilis
SS- Elvis Andrus
OF-Jayson Werth
OF-Chris Young
OF- Brett Gardner
UTIL- Jose Bautista
BN- Mike Stanton
BN- Aramis Ramirez
BN-Tsuyoshi Nishioka

SP-Felix Hernandez, Cole Hamels, Mat Latos, Jeremy Hellickson, Colby Lewis
RP- Heath Bell, Kevin Gregg, Joe Nathan, Aroldis Chapman

Here are the other teams:
1)
C-McCann, 1b- Votto, 2b- Cano, 3B-Zimmerman, SS-Furcal, OF- Suzuki, Hart, Drew Stubbs, Util-Martin Prado, BN- Rasmus, Butler, Buck, Stephen Drew
SP- Lester, Jimenez, Jered Weaver, Brett Myers RP- Marmol, K-rod, Chris perez

2)
C- Vmart, 1b- Morneau, 2b- kinsler, 3b- wright, ss-tulo, OF- Choo, ethier, justin upton, Util- McGehee, Bn- Morales, Wells, Aviles
SP- Lincecum, Tommy Hanson, Cahill, Jonathan Sanchez, Ted Lilly, Bumgarner RP- Mariano Rivera, valverde, franklin

3)
C-santana, 1b-miguel cabrera, 2b- phillips, 3b- reynolds, ss-reyes, OF- Braun, Holliday, Heyward, Util- Fielder, BN- pence sandoval
SP-Kershaw, Oswalt, Haren, Scherzer, Daniel Hudson, Zimmerman RP- Broxton, Axford,Street, Thornton

4)
c-miguel montero, 1b- adrian gonzalez, 2b-kelly johnson, 3b- arod, ss-jeter, OF- Hamilton, bruce, rios, Util- manny, BN- Delmon young, castro, hill
SP- Halladay, j johnson, price, hughes, t hudson, garza, ervin santana rp- wilson, papelbon

5)
c- napoli, 1b-dunn, 2b-utley, 3b-longoria, ss-rollins, OF- crawford, swisher, zoberist, Util- konerko, BN- lind, walker
SP- Lee, Sabathia, verlander, cain, beckett, wilson, jhoulys chacin, webb rp- soria, cordero

6)
c- mauer, 1b- tex. 2b- uggla, 3b- beltre, ss- alexi ramirez, OF- elssbury, victorino, bj upton, util- big papi, BN- markakis, tori hunter, cuddyer, kendrick, abreu
Sp- clay buckholz, greinke, carpenter, dempster, danks RP- putz, bailey

7)
C-soto, 1b-howard, 2b-weeks, 3b-young, ss- han ram, OF- car gon, kemp, cruz, util-mccutchen, bn- wieters
sp- gallardo, liriano, wandy rod, billingsley, marcum, brett anderson, morrow, romero, nolasco rp- feliz, lidge

Let me know what you think! Thank you!
Last edited by Los Gringos on Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Los Gringos
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: UPDATED: 8 team H2H, help out, WHIR

Postby iwa6000 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:41 am

i can't find any complaints really.. just hope your guys on second and third are healthy. you have the strongest team imo
iwa6000
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Los Gringos » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:49 am

Being from Boston, I can't help but like Youk and Pedroia. I have been watching them all spring, and they look to be back to form. As long as foul balls don't hit off feet we will be ok!
Los Gringos
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Los Gringos » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:39 pm

One thought is trading one of my SP. The top three are trade worthy, and we all know that there are more SP out there than you can shake a stick at. I am used to playing the wire for pitching anyway, especially because it is impossible to know who will breakout.

What would you suggest for trades, or pickups?
Los Gringos
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby marinersbaseball7 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:49 pm

One possible trade you could consider is one of your SP for someone like Mccutchen...Not a big fan of Chris Young because of the terrible batting average. I would maybe look for someone like Mccutchen who is still young and could potentially break out.

if you have the time
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=424717
marinersbaseball7
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Los Gringos » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:24 pm

What do you think of Latos and Young for McCutchen and Wandy Rod? Is that legitimate or a waste of time?
Los Gringos
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Los Gringos » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:45 pm

UPDATE: officially picked up Aramis Ramirez, Colby Lewis and Hellickson off the waiver wire.

Anyone else have any comments on my team? I need to get pumped up for this season after a terrible outing last year.
Los Gringos
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby lbblue » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:30 pm

It would be a great team in a 12 team league. In an 8 team league it's still pretty good. I'm not in love with your OF but it certainly has potential. Your bench is a little weak but I think dropping R. Martin for A. Ramirez was a good move (I see a bit of a bounce back for Ramirez this year).

Your pitching is strong, especially with the moves you've made. I didn't spend too much time looking over the other teams but I see no reason why you shouldn't be competitive.

Thanks for replying to mine.

Also, one thing if you don't mind...you mentioned that you're from Boston and have been watching all spring. What do you expect from Ellsbury this year? I got him with the 4th pick in the 6th round (draft started with the first 5 rounds filled by keepers so Ellsbury was my first actual pick) and am excited about what he can do this year.
lbblue
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Los Gringos » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:09 pm

Here is my thinking with my bench. Being in an 8 team league, the waiver wire is well stocked. So, with my last two picks to fill the bench I chose two rookies who could potentially be great players. I can always drop them for someone else if I really need it, but I think it was a low-risk move for a potential high-product.

I think my OF will be ok. I don't know how Werth will do, and Young needs to be a little better than last year in order to be decent. But I do like Gardner. He is going to be leading off for the Yankees so he will have a lot of runs and SB. Any suggestions on moves I can make to acquire a stronger outfield?

lbblue: I sent you a message about Ellsbury, hope it helped!
Los Gringos
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby sigriffey » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:34 pm

Your Infield is awesome, your outfield is one upgrade away from great, I like your rotation and your pen is great too.

If I were you, I would try to ship Chris Young and Nishioka for the next tier OF... or maybe instead of Nishioka someone will want Ackley ... either way, with Pedroia you want some insurance but I do think that two for 1 kind of deal will push you over the top bc I am not a Chris Young guy per se.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team