12 Team Money League, U Rate Mine, I'll Rate Yours - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

12 Team Money League, U Rate Mine, I'll Rate Yours

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

12 Team Money League, U Rate Mine, I'll Rate Yours

Postby raiderrob1616 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:51 pm

Jus drafted this team last night in a one year 12 team money league with family and friends. i had the 5th pick, the league is on yahoo

R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS

W, K, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

C-Posada(14)
1b-Pena(20)
2b-Raburn(22)
3b-Zimmerman(2)
SS-Tulo(1)
LF-Cruz(3)
CF-Stubbs(7)
RF-Bruce(5)
Util-Rasmus(9)
BN-Alvarez(13)

SP-Kershaw(4)
SP-Hanson(6)
SP-Scherzer(8)
RP-Nathan(16)
RP-McGee(18)
RP-Jansen(23)
P-League(24)
P-Marcum(10)
P-Morrow(11)
BN-D.Hudson(12)
BN-Hellickson(15)
BN-Matusz(17)
BN-A.Sanchez(19)
BN-Minor(21)
BN-Bedard(25)

How do you guys feel about this team? I felt i did a great job, pretty well balanced outside of RP(def can get good ones off the wire(im very active)

I love the staff(tons of upside) and the bats can be better but i can only seeing most of em getting better

u help me out, ill return the favor
raiderrob1616
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 200
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 19 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 12 Team Money League, U Rate Mine, I'll Rate Yours

Postby mzkp54 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:01 pm

I think its a good team, not great. I think you have alot of players who have the potential to have big seasons, but not as many who I would consider to be sure things. Outside of your first few picks there's not a lot of offense that I would be too comfortable with. There's obviously a lot of room for big seasons, but not alot of depth, so if any of your current starters don't pan out you'll probably be reaching for their replacement. Your pitching is your strength, which is good, and you definitely have depth there. Overall I'd probably give the team a 7/10, only because I know that a stronger team can be drafted in a 12 team draft.

I will say however that I think you have a very good foundation, and if you are active during the season I can see the team doing just fine.

What do you think of my team? I had the 3rd pick. 12 team H2H 5X5
R, RBI, HR, SB, AVG
W, ERA, WHIP, K, SV

C- Wieters (9)
1B- Huff (11)
2B- Uggla (3)
3B- Youkilis (2) (He hasn't gotten 3B eligibility, but this is where I'll have him)
SS- Tulo (1)
OF- C Young (8)
OF- Granderson (10)
OF- Bourn (12)
U- Infante (20)
U- Crisp (19)
BN- Beckham (17)
BN- Laroche (18)
BN- Kubel (23)

SP- J Johnson (4)
SP- Verlander (5)
RP- Gregg (16)
RP- Francisco (FA)
P- Hanson (6)
P- Oswalt (7)
P- W Rodriguez (13)
P- Hughes (14)
BN- J Garcia (15)
BN- A Sanchez (21)

I think (Ok, I know) I took Wieters too early, but hopefully with a revamped lineup he can finally live up to the hype. I LOVE my pitching staff. What do you think?
mzkp54
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 545
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 21 Mar 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 Team Money League, U Rate Mine, I'll Rate Yours

Postby raiderrob1616 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:01 pm

thx alot for ur great reply, i don't love my team but i do love alot of players that have a GREAT chance too breakout-i do wanna upgrade my offense somehow, but i'm very active and i know i can get a very good bat off the wire, my staff is great in my eyes, i got alot of arms that have true upside, of course a handful of guys arent for sure things but i love the risk/reward that i have here.

now for ur team:

not a fan of weiters, jus 2 much hype imo. id never draft him in the top 200 until he proves me wrong. UR if is pretty dam solid tho, i cant see huff and uggla repeating their years last year but will still be very very solid, i like youk but not as 2nd round pick. im not a fan of ur OF/UTIL/BN at all,

ur staff is pretty dam good. i do prefer kershaw, lester, ubaldo and cc over jj tho, dont get me wrong i like jj alot but jus at where he gets drafted i like the other guys i named more. i do like ur stragety of not drafting saves because if we are active enough we can get em on the wire. love hanson this year(i can see top 10 sp) oswalt should be jus fine but not a fan of hughes but sanchez, wandy and jaime are great value picks

overall solid team, as long as u can get some solid OF/UTIl bats and saves off the wire u should make the playoffs no question
raiderrob1616
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 200
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 19 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 12 Team Money League, U Rate Mine, I'll Rate Yours

Postby afern401 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:36 pm

I tend to agree with Mkzp54's observations. There is lots of potential but even then I think it would be wise to turn some of your pitching into hitting. If Nathan has healed properly, he could be the pick of the draft in rd. 16

help with my team?

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=424653
afern401
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 154
(Past Year: 23)
Joined: 12 Feb 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: RI

Re: 12 Team Money League, U Rate Mine, I'll Rate Yours

Postby GamerJOW » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:02 am

For a 12 team league, I think your offense is pretty solid assuming Tulo can repeat his success from last year and Pena can top .220. I'm a little concerned about your pitching after Johnson and Verlander, though. Question marks at both RP positions and no other relievers to help with ERA or WHIP could make for lots of time scouting pitching on the WW.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=424482
CLee,Tex, JHamilton, Kinsler, CYoung, Napoli
GamerJOW
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 60
Joined: 5 Feb 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 12 Team Money League, U Rate Mine, I'll Rate Yours

Postby X-Factor611 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:49 am

raiderrob1616 wrote:Jus drafted this team last night in a one year 12 team money league with family and friends. i had the 5th pick, the league is on yahoo

R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS

W, K, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

C-Posada(14) ;-D (might be the only catcher to top 500 ab's)
1b-Pena(20)
2b-Raburn(22)
3b-Zimmerman(2) ;-D
SS-Tulo(1) ;-D
LF-Cruz(3) ;-D
CF-Stubbs(7)
RF-Bruce(5) ;-D
Util-Rasmus(9) ;-D
BN-Alvarez(13) ;-D

SP-Kershaw(4) ;-D
SP-Hanson(6) ;-D
SP-Scherzer(8)
RP-Nathan(16) ;-D
RP-McGee(18)
RP-Jansen(23)
P-League(24)
P-Marcum(10)
P-Morrow(11) ;-D
BN-D.Hudson(12) ;-D
BN-Hellickson(15) ;-D
BN-Matusz(17) ;-D
BN-A.Sanchez(19)
BN-Minor(21) ;-D
BN-Bedard(25) ;-D

How do you guys feel about this team? I felt i did a great job, pretty well balanced outside of RP(def can get good ones off the wire(im very active)

I love the staff(tons of upside) and the bats can be better but i can only seeing most of em getting better

u help me out, ill return the favor



definitely a solid team. I think you have TOO MUCH pitching however. May want to try and move some for an upgrade at 2nd or 1st.


how about a little help with mine...
viewtopic.php?t=424353
X-Factor611
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 259
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 19 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 12 Team Money League, U Rate Mine, I'll Rate Yours

Postby Los Gringos » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:57 am

I think you did well. Like many have said, your pitching is your strength. I am not a fan of Posada (and not just because I am a Red Sox fan) but because he tends to be injury prone and is the DH this year. I guess we can only wait and see, eh?

Check out mine if you could. viewtopic.php?t=424663
Los Gringos
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 61
Joined: 22 Mar 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 12 Team Money League, U Rate Mine, I'll Rate Yours

Postby raiderrob1616 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:13 pm

Los Gringos wrote:I think you did well. Like many have said, your pitching is your strength. I am not a fan of Posada (and not just because I am a Red Sox fan) but because he tends to be injury prone and is the DH this year. I guess we can only wait and see, eh?

Check out mine if you could. viewtopic.php?t=424663


i think having posada as the DH this year will only help him
raiderrob1616
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 200
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 19 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 12 Team Money League, U Rate Mine, I'll Rate Yours

Postby raiderrob1616 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:17 pm

GamerJOW wrote:For a 12 team league, I think your offense is pretty solid assuming Tulo can repeat his success from last year and Pena can top .220. I'm a little concerned about your pitching after Johnson and Verlander, though. Question marks at both RP positions and no other relievers to help with ERA or WHIP could make for lots of time scouting pitching on the WW.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=424482


i think u got my team mixed up with the other guys team who posted it, my sp include kershaw, hanson, scherzer, marcum, morrow, d hudson among others, i do have question marks at my RP spots but i jus traded for chris perez and i kno for a fact i can get some good ones off the wire during the season
raiderrob1616
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 200
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 19 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 12 Team Money League, U Rate Mine, I'll Rate Yours

Postby raiderrob1616 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:22 pm

X-Factor611 wrote:
raiderrob1616 wrote:Jus drafted this team last night in a one year 12 team money league with family and friends. i had the 5th pick, the league is on yahoo

R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS

W, K, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

C-Posada(14) ;-D (might be the only catcher to top 500 ab's)
1b-Pena(20)
2b-Raburn(22)
3b-Zimmerman(2) ;-D
SS-Tulo(1) ;-D
LF-Cruz(3) ;-D
CF-Stubbs(7)
RF-Bruce(5) ;-D
Util-Rasmus(9) ;-D
BN-Alvarez(13) ;-D

SP-Kershaw(4) ;-D
SP-Hanson(6) ;-D
SP-Scherzer(8)
RP-Nathan(16) ;-D
RP-McGee(18)
RP-Jansen(23)
P-League(24)
P-Marcum(10)
P-Morrow(11) ;-D
BN-D.Hudson(12) ;-D
BN-Hellickson(15) ;-D
BN-Matusz(17) ;-D
BN-A.Sanchez(19)
BN-Minor(21) ;-D
BN-Bedard(25) ;-D

How do you guys feel about this team? I felt i did a great job, pretty well balanced outside of RP(def can get good ones off the wire(im very active)

I love the staff(tons of upside) and the bats can be better but i can only seeing most of em getting better

u help me out, ill return the favor



definitely a solid team. I think you have TOO MUCH pitching however. May want to try and move some for an upgrade at 2nd or 1st.


how about a little help with mine...
viewtopic.php?t=424353


before i read this i traded rasmus and marcum for heyward and perez, my staff was deep enough and i needed another closer, not 2 mention although i like rasmus alot heyward has great upside this year
raiderrob1616
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 200
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 19 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact