Ma Bell is back. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Ma Bell is back.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Ma Bell is back.

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:06 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:Also, Verizon will have 4G data plan caps to begin with. Think it's $50 for 5 GB and $80 for 10 GB.

pretty sure that only applies to new customers. from what i've read, i got locked in at the $30 unlimited once i signed my contract.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:27 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:Also, Verizon will have 4G data plan caps to begin with. Think it's $50 for 5 GB and $80 for 10 GB.

pretty sure that only applies to new customers. from what i've read, i got locked in at the $30 unlimited once i signed my contract.

If I recall correctly, the mobile providers (Verizon included) want to scrap unlimited data plans eventually. Could be as soon as this Summer.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 675)

Postby bleach168 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:00 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:

If I recall correctly, the mobile providers (Verizon included) want to scrap unlimited data plans eventually. Could be as soon as this Summer.

Just read a rumor that the Thunderbolt unlimited promotion ends tomorrow. All new subscribers will be soft capped at 5gb just like the rest. You can theoretically blow through your monthly allotment in less than an hour.

I'd rather have Sprint where you get okay speeds but have true unlimited data.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby Metroid » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:28 pm

I'd rather use my computer as a computer and let my phone be a phone. :-b
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:46 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:

they're scrapping new unlimited data plans, but people with contracts already are grandfathered in. I should get unlimited data for the remainder of my contract.

BTW first post from my thunderbolt and its awesome.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:43 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:

they're scrapping new unlimited data plans, but people with contracts already are grandfathered in. I should get unlimited data for the remainder of my contract.

the touch screen not cumbersome to type with like the iPhone's is? I'm hoping t hey come out with a slide soon the way they did with the Evo. I'm married to the keyboard.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:01 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:

Ah OK, although I think the grandfathering for those with preexisting contracts is for a limited time only.

I'm curious about the Thunderbolt's battery life. It's supposed to have a more efficient Snapdragon CPU, but supposedly you have to turn off the 4G connection every now and then to preserve battery life.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 675)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:00 am

bigh0rt wrote:the touch screen not cumbersome to type with like the iPhone's is? I'm hoping t hey come out with a slide soon the way they did with the Evo. I'm married to the keyboard.

I had a g1 before this phone and loved the slide out keyboard but the touch screen works really well and it has great autocorrect. You can turn the phone to get a wider screen in landscape view which makes it really easy to type on. I don't think you can't do that with an iPhone. Also the voice feature works really well. The phone is pretty big as it is so I'm not sure how theyd fit as slide in.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:04 am

Metroid wrote:I'd rather use my computer as a computer and let my phone be a phone. :-b

QFT

also my wife already complains i spend too much time on the computer so the smartphone would probably get smashed in a fit of rage
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby thedude » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:09 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:the touch screen not cumbersome to type with like the iPhone's is? I'm hoping t hey come out with a slide soon the way they did with the Evo. I'm married to the keyboard.

I had a g1 before this phone and loved the slide out keyboard but the touch screen works really well and it has great autocorrect. You can turn the phone to get a wider screen in landscape view which makes it really easy to type on. I don't think you can't do that with an iPhone.

The iPhone has auto-correct and can also be turned on its side to get to wider keyboard. The iPhone really isn't that bad to type on once you get used to it, though I doubt that any touch screen will ever be as quick as a normal key board.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk