Auction $$ Allocation - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Auction $$ Allocation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Auction $$ Allocation

Postby AllDay » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:48 am

All of my drafts are heavy on hitters so 70/30 seems like a decent ballpark figure.

I'm a believer in getting good value. To do that you need to be a good judge of player value. If people are overpaying for the top players that gives you more power later in the draft. You don't need a top 15ish player, but if they are going at market value or a tad below jump in. Don't let others get value. Saving a few dollars on your stars can go a long ways in landing the players you covet later. I find it helpful to be mindful of nearing the end of a player tier - especially if you need help there.

Can't say I fault an owner for paying a premium price for a player he really wants. There's just very few of them I am willing to overpay for.
AllDay
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dugout Diamonds » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:40 pm

Well, it's all over now. I will post my team and some thoughts. First, I lost my head and went overboard with my offense spending. I was writing down my players with their $$ on paper, and didn't write down Wright 3B after I highlighted him off my list, and I bought Dunn for $36 when I didn't really need him. This, along with just spending too much early on bats, caused me to not have enough left for the type of pitching I needed. Overall, I think it's ok, but will be trying to help it off the waiver wire.

This is a 5x5 with OBP:

C--Napoli $7
1B-Pujols $55
2B-Hill $1
3B-Wright $30
IF- Dunn $36
SS-Tulo $47
OF-Holliday $30
OF-Granderson $7
OF-Abreau $1
UTil- Bay $1
Bn- Posada $1

Sp-Latos $11
Sp-Zimmerman $2
Sp-Cahill $1
Sp-T. Wood $1
Sp-Romero $1
Sp-Kuroda $1
Sp-Shields $1
Rp-Bell $20 (I don't know why I spent so much here)
Rp-Aardsma $1
Rp-Cordero $2

We have the FAAB waiver process, which is new to me, but am thinking of trying to help my team by:
1. putting in a claim for Danks to replace Shields( to help ratios)
2. putting in a claim for Bumgarner in case I don't get Danks
3. putting in a claim for Franklin to replace Cordero (to help ratios)
4. putting in a claim for a guy to help with SB, such as Jackson or Torres( big SB guys are gone)

Not sure who I would give up to get a SB guy, but thinking about either Zimmerman or Posada.
Also, what is a good $$ amt to bid for a guy using the FAAB of $100? I'm just not sure, thinking about 5-10 to bid on these.

Team should be good offensively, but my pitching, esp the ratio's and K's look to be lacking.
Any thoughts?

Sorry for the long post.
Dugout Diamonds
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 26)

Postby Dugout Diamonds » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:04 am

WOW!!! Just added up my numbers, and my planned 70/30 hitter/pitcher split turned out to actually be an
84/16 split. Only my second auction draft. Guess I need to learn to keep my head on straight during these things. All drafts, even snake drafts just seem to have me a little nervy/tense. But they are fun. After the drafts are done, it kind of seems anti-climactic having to play out the season. Almost enjoy the drafts as much as the season. Oh well, let's see how this 84/16 team plays out. ;-7
Dugout Diamonds
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 26)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers