Ivan Nova - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Ivan Nova

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ivan Nova

Postby Surfs up » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:08 am

Would you take a shot with Nova at the end of your draft IF he gets rotation spot? We draft 19 spots. Keep six. 10 pitchers and 15 hitters. No bench. Standard 5x5 scoring. 12 teams
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 195)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ivan Nova

Postby plapre3 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:37 am

Yes. I'm planning on it. I think he'll definitely get the spot and he was very successful last year. His numbers and minor league track record suggest that he's for real, and while he won't be the next Ubaldo, he should provide an ERA around 4 and safe peripherals. The reason why he's worth the draft is for the wins potential, which can be significant... and if he gets off to a hot start you can always sell high to the Yankee fan in the league.

Please help:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=424385&p=3365081#p3365081
plapre3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SecretAgentMan » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:00 pm

I think he is worth a late round pick based on speculation and his spring performance, but I would not want to start him just yet. Last year he really was unable to go past 5 innings or so. He pitchesin the AL east where every team can hit and in Yankee Stadium which is a hitter's park. As such I would just be reluctant to start the guy until I see how good he is going to be. An SP that goes 5-6 innings and posts a 4+ ERA is not all that good in a std 10 or 12 team mixed league these days.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 830)

Postby Skimo77 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:12 pm

The guy is pitching in the AL East and the majority of them in that excuse for a ballpark that they call the new Yankee Stadium. I don't think he'll be fantasy worthy this year at all.
Skimo77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 31)

Postby GabbyJay » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:02 pm

What are your other options? There are a lot of low-end arms I'd rather take. And the Yankees are not known for their patience as an organization, so I wouldn't expect him to get a lot of rope. If he doesn't produce they'll move on to someone else quickly.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=424508
GabbyJay
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Surfs up » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:09 am

The Yankees don't have that many options either. With Fatolo Colon and Burnett in that rotation seems to me they will give him a little longer leash knowing he has potential and not just washed up like the other two might be. More so with Colon.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 195)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions