Schedule Help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Schedule Help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Schedule Help

Postby cmbrown15 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:36 am

First time posting because I need help!

I am attempting to set up an 18-game regular season schedule with 16 teams, four divisions of four teams each. I think if each team plays a division rival twice and the other teams once, it'll be fair. On the other hand, I have no idea how to make this happen and ESPN offers no help. All of the fantasy football schedules I have seen are designed for 17 games. Any ideas or direction?

Thanks,
CB
cmbrown15
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Schedule Help

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:15 am

cmbrown15 wrote:First time posting because I need help!

I am attempting to set up an 18-game regular season schedule with 16 teams, four divisions of four teams each. I think if each team plays a division rival twice and the other teams once, it'll be fair. On the other hand, I have no idea how to make this happen and ESPN offers no help. All of the fantasy football schedules I have seen are designed for 17 games. Any ideas or direction?

Thanks,
CB

I'm fairly confused by the question.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 234)

Postby cmbrown15 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:19 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:

Thanks,
CB

I'm confused by Pirates fans. It happens.

To reiterate, I am looking for a schedule template: 18-game regular season, four divisions of four teams; each team plays division rivals twice and other teams once.
cmbrown15
T-Ball Trainer

Postby GTW » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:59 pm

cmbrown15 wrote:
CBMGreatOne wrote:

Thanks,
CB

I'm confused by Pirates fans. It happens.

To reiterate, I am looking for a schedule template: 18-game regular season, four divisions of four teams; each team plays division rivals twice and other teams once.

I just used ESPN to create a league with your settings and was able to do everything you asked except for schedule 2 matchups vs div rivals and 1 matchup vs everyone else (I'm not sure how to change specific matchups yet).

I'm not sure if I'm answering your question but this was somewhat simple. Once I created the league there was an option to change the league schedule. The options I choose for the reg season were: 1 week per matchup, 18 reg season matchups. The playoff options I choose were: 6 playoff teams, 2 weeks per matchup. With this schedule your league will play the entire MLB season.

If you're asking how you can set matchups for inter-divisional rivals to play each other twice I'm not the guy to ask since I've never used ESPN for fantasy sports. Hope this helped...
GTW
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers