6th yr H2H Keeper - New Mgr Draft Sat - 1st rd talent avail - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

6th yr H2H Keeper - New Mgr Draft Sat - 1st rd talent avail

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

6th yr H2H Keeper - New Mgr Draft Sat - 1st rd talent avail

Postby Sparkplugs » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:15 pm

Update - Just need 1 more, and our draft is scheduled for Saturday 3/26 at 9 PM. If you're interested, join us on Yahoo:

League ID#: 66899
League Name: ICFBL II
Password: icfbl2011

Hi – I’m looking for 5 new managers to join a long standing Yahoo 12 team H2H Keeper league. It’s a 7x7 (K’s, OPS, Holds, Losses) w/ relatively deep rosters – it’s a fun setup and we’re just trying to get some committed owners to fill in for those that have left. The draft is Wed, 3/23 at 9:00pm ET. You can see the full league settings in the posts below.

Because we have so many open spots, instead of having people just take over existing teams, we’re going to let new managers draft their entire team from the pool of players on the teams that haven’t returned, as well as the non-keepers from the returning teams. There is a lot of top talent available, including quite a few 1st rounders (see the next post for a partial list of available players). I’m going to post the explanation of how we’re handling new managers and the draft here. I’ll also post some of the top players that will be available through the draft for new managers and the league settings in subsequent posts.

If you’re interested or have any questions, PM me and I’ll get you what you need. Thanks for reading.

-----------------------------

Keepers

Returning managers may keep 5 – 9 keepers. If you choose to keep 9, your first pick will be in round 10 of the draft. If you choose to keep 5, your first pick would be round 6 of the draft. Whatever players you choose to keep will be assigned to you pre-draft and will essentially be your selections for the first x rounds. Your live draft will then begin at round x + 1.

New managers will not have any keepers – all players from abandoned teams and non-keepers from returning teams will be put into the draft pool. New managers will begin drafting in round 1, and may pick from anyone in the draft pool. This allows new managers to have more influence over their roster, rather than being stuck with a bunch of guys someone else drafted.

Draft Order

We normally do a snaking draft, with the draft order just reverse of the regular season standings. However, since new managers are not taking over last year’s teams, I don’t think it’s fair to do it that way. So, we’ll still do a snaking draft, with the returning managers ordered reverse of last year’s standings, and new managers randomly inserted in the order. To help illustrate this, think of it as though I’m filling a hat with 12 names. 7 of those names are “returning team”, and the other 5 are our new managers. I’ll then pull names out of the hat to get the order. Each time I pull the “returning team” name, I’ll insert the returning team with the next worst record from last year. Each time I pull one of the new managers, I’ll insert them. In this way, all of the returning teams will be in the proper order relative to each other, and the new teams will be randomly distributed throughout. Since returning teams have to keep at least 5 keepers, the first 5 rounds will be conducted with the new teams picking from the draft pool, and the returners automatically receiving the keepers they have selected. So in round 1, each returning team will automatically be given their first keeper, and each new team will pick who they want from the draft pool. This is how it will work for subsequent rounds as well, until returning teams run out of keepers, at which point they will begin making their live selections in the draft order.
Last edited by Sparkplugs on Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Sparkplugs
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need 5 for existing H2H Keeper - New Manager Draft

Postby Sparkplugs » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:21 pm

Here is a list of some of the players that will be available for new managers to draft. Note that this is just a partial list of the players from the abandoned teams - I pulled these names after a quick scan based on who I thought were upper tier players. There will obviously be other players available as well. You can see there are some pretty big names available, including quite a few likely first rounders. Keep in mind we are looking for 5 new managers, so you would essentially be in a 5 team draft for these players for at least the first 5 rounds.

Hitters:
Albert Pujols
Álex Rodríguez
Carl Crawford
Evan Longoria
Hanley Ramírez
Josh Hamilton
Miguel Cabrera
Álex Ríos
Chase Utley
Ian Kinsler
José Bautista
Matt Holliday
Nelson Cruz
Ryan Howard
Adam Dunn
Adrián Béltre
Andrew McCutchen
Brandon Phillips
Jacoby Ellsbury
Andre Ethier
Brian McCann
Brian Roberts
Corey Hart
Hunter Pence

Pitchers:
Chris Carpenter
Félix Hernández
Jon Lester
Tim Lincecum
Clayton Kershaw
David Price
Matt Cain
Roy Oswalt
Colby Lewis
Cole Hamels
Madison Bumgarner
Brandon Morrow
Jeremy Hellickson
Shaun Marcum
Wandy Rodríguez
Adam Wainwright
Sparkplugs
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Sparkplugs » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:24 pm

Here are the full league settings. Sorry if this is too much info.

Season Type: Full
Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: Wed Mar 23 9:00pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ]
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Player Universe: All baseball
New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo! adds them View List of Forced Players
Max Moves: 40
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 3
Trade End Date: August 14, 2011
Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
Waiver Time: 3 days
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Free Agents
Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
Min Innings Pitched: 35
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Playoffs: Week 22, 23 and 24 (6 teams) Note: Week 24 runs 7 days from Sep 12 to Sep 18
Divisions: No
Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL
Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Strikeouts (K), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Losses (L), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)
Sparkplugs
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Sparkplugs » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:26 am

bump
Sparkplugs
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: Need 5 for existing H2H Keeper - New Manager Draft Wed.

Postby Sparkplugs » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:08 am

bump
Sparkplugs
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: 6th yr H2H Keeper - New Manager Draft - 1st rd talent av

Postby Sparkplugs » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:49 am

Anyone up for this challenge? You could definitely build a nice team from the players available.
Sparkplugs
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Sparkplugs » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:27 am

Update - Only need 2 more, and our draft has been tentatively pushed to Saturday 3/26 at 9 PM.
Sparkplugs
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby merman » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:36 pm

is this a free league? r
merman
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Sparkplugs » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:10 pm

Yes, this is a free league.
Sparkplugs
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby LoveMyFantasy22 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:53 pm

Hey Spark is there still space? If so I am interested.
LoveMyFantasy22
T-Ball Trainer

Next

Return to Classifieds