3rd pick, Hanley falls...no brainer? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

3rd pick, Hanley falls...no brainer?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

3rd pick, Hanley falls...no brainer?

Postby saemick » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:05 am

I have the 3rd pick in my main league and up until recently have been getting Miggy every time. Well, recently in a few mocks, Miggy goes 2nd, and Hanley falls to 3.

Now, I'm personally not all that high on Hanley(obviously he's the #1 SS to start the season) but if he falls to 3, is he a no brainer?

If not, who do you like there: Votto, Tulo, Braun, Longoria, etc...?

In this specific league, the hitting cats are:

R, RBI, HR, SB, BA, OPS
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1924
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 16 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 3rd pick, Hanley falls...no brainer?

Postby mkultra » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:23 am

I've read the case for Votto, but I'd go with position scarcity here and say Hanley.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1339
(Past Year: 41)
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: 3rd pick, Hanley falls...no brainer?

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:20 am

Hanley. ;-D
Fenris-77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1688
(Past Year: 51)
Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: SAGNOF

Re: 3rd pick, Hanley falls...no brainer?

Postby Skimo77 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:20 am

Hanley no doubt! He's sick in general, and i know spring #'s mean nothing, but he is going to have a monster season this year. ;-D
Skimo77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 536
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 3rd pick, Hanley falls...no brainer?

Postby saemick » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:54 am

mkultra wrote:I've read the case for Votto, but I'd go with position scarcity here and say Hanley.


that's actually who I had in mind specifically (Votto). I understand the whole position scarcity thing, but here's my thought:

Say I draft Hanley, my next pick being at 22. all the top-tier 1B's (with power) will most likely be off the board, so I'm left with a top OF (Holliday, Kemp, etc..) or the likes of Zimmerman / Youk.

Now not terrible, but is Hanley's lack of power (vs. Votto) made up by the position scarcity @ SS?
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1924
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 16 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 3rd pick, Hanley falls...no brainer?

Postby Skimo77 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:00 pm

saemick wrote:
mkultra wrote:I've read the case for Votto, but I'd go with position scarcity here and say Hanley.


that's actually who I had in mind specifically (Votto). I understand the whole position scarcity thing, but here's my thought:

Say I draft Hanley, my next pick being at 22. all the top-tier 1B's (with power) will most likely be off the board, so I'm left with a top OF (Holliday, Kemp, etc..) or the likes of Zimmerman / Youk.

Now not terrible, but is Hanley's lack of power (vs. Votto) made up by the position scarcity @ SS?


This is true, but if you don't draft Hanley, then you're punting SS while you can still get a Youk or a Zimmerman, or Victor Martinez/Konerko.... i'd still say pick Hanley for sure.
Skimo77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 536
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 3rd pick, Hanley falls...no brainer?

Postby mkultra » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:24 pm

Skimo77 wrote:This is true, but if you don't draft Hanley, then you're punting SS while you can still get a Youk or a Zimmerman, or Victor Martinez/Konerko.... i'd still say pick Hanley for sure.


Exactly. There will still be plenty of good 1B options for you on the way back. Howard and/or Fielder may be there in addition to those guys. Or a guy like Morneau, who you should keep your eye on.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1339
(Past Year: 41)
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: 3rd pick, Hanley falls...no brainer?

Postby callacim » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:28 pm

hanley no brainer,....monster monster bounce back year
michael callaci
callacim
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 180
Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Cincinnati at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Boston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact