Mark Trumbo? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mark Trumbo?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mark Trumbo?

Postby Hamels4CY » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:36 pm

Why is nobody taking about him? Has raked this spring and looks like he will have a starting job come opening day!

Monster homerun potential here!

http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/03/16/1 ... eedID=3801
Hamels4CY
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mark Trumbo?

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:41 pm

Assuming Morales is not ready for the first week or so of the season, there won't be room for Trumbo long-term. He's learning to play the OF, but there might not be room unless Peter Bourjos bombs and even then, Scioscia likes him for what he could do defensively.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby jsphlly » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:14 pm

Shhhh!!!
jsphlly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Hamels4CY » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:29 pm

jsphlly wrote:Shhhh!!!

I don't think many people are targeting him, you should be fine.
Hamels4CY
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby jsphlly » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:36 pm

Hamels4CY wrote:
jsphlly wrote:Shhhh!!!

I don't think many people are targeting him, you should be fine.

Mostly joking. I'm obviously high on him, but I still have a bad Brandon Wood taste in my mouth, so I'm a little cautious.

Some convo on him here: viewtopic.php?t=423771&start=30

I'm sure Scoscia prefers Bourjous's glove, but if the guy hits, moving Vernon over to CF is going to sound real good.
jsphlly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby West » Tue May 10, 2011 6:08 pm

Trumbo played the final two innings of Monday's game in right field and could see extended playing time in the outfield while Vernon Wells (groin) is on the disabled list.

Recommendation: Trumbo worked in the outfield a bit this spring to increase his versatility, a decision that could pay off now with Wells out a couple weeks. Manager Mike Scioscia indicated that players already on the roster would get the first opportunity to replace Wells, so though Bobby Abreu will certainly see some extra time in the outfield, Trumbo figures to get a shot there as well. Trumbo is hot right now - increasing his batting average 41 points since April 25 - but he has been in and out of the lineup lately. If playing the outfield allows him to see regular starts, he could be a nice addition to your fantasy team over the next couple weeks.

With Wells out, Trumbo could get those 5 games at OF he needs to gain eligibility. I've added Trumbo in one of my main leagues. I don't have room for him at 1B/UTL but if he gains that OF eligibility his value rises significantly.

It's pretty hard to find good pop on the WW at this point in the season, so those looking for a decent OF power option may be in luck soon.

Edit - He needs 7 more appearences or 5 more starts to gain eligility. Tonight he is at 1B with Kendrick in LF, so we'll have to watch to see how this plays out.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 85)

Postby MashinSpuds » Tue May 10, 2011 8:04 pm

Frustrating at the beginning but now I sort of regret trading him off cheaply thinking he'll be one of those big whiff streakers. Definitely worth an add off the wire if power is needed regardless of the position discussion, especially if K's don't count in your league.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Return to Baseball Leftovers