This was my first mock this year that i was using as practice for a 10 team H2H first yr keeper league that uses:
R. H, HR, RBI, SB, OBP
W, SV, ERA, WHIP, K, QS
we start 4OF, 1 UT, and do not use CI or MI. 24 man rosters.
heres the final product:
OF Holliday, Choo, Ellsbury, Granderson
BN (back up MI/3B, real team will have one more roster spot)
SP Johnson, Hanson, Cain, Morrow, Lewis, Bumgarner, Chacin, Strasburg
RP Broxton, Venters, Gregg
I have pick #3 and while i think my first 5 rounds are very solid, im really concerned with my poor RP (really missed the boat here) and think I may have reached on a few guys like Pablo and Hanson. What is your general thought on the strength of my overall team and what stands out most as good/bad picks that i can improve on for the real draft?
1.(03) Miguel Cabrera (Det - 1B)
2.(18) Matt Holliday (StL - OF)
3.(23) Prince Fielder (Mil - 1B) shocked he was here, couldnt pass him up. was otherwise targetting Youk or Zimmerman wiht this pick, who both also were still available
4.(38) Shin-Soo Choo (Cle - OF) (a 3rd .400 OBP guy in an OBP league should nearly lock this category up for me. other choice here was Heyward)
5.(43) Josh Johnson (Fla - SP)
6.(58) Tommy Hanson (Atl - SP)too early?
7.(63) Brandon Phillips (Cin - 2B)surprised he fell this far. i had been REALLY targetting Carlos Santana here, and considering this is an OBP league AND the first yr of a Keeper i prob shouldve stuck to the plan. He was picked directly before my turn in rd 8)
8.(78) Matt Cain (SF - SP)
9.(83) Jacoby Ellsbury (Bos - OF)
10.(98) Pablo Sandoval (SF - 1B,3B)maybe couldve got him in a later rd but i think he will bounce back to be at least a 10th rd value this season. Plus i wanted to be guaranteed a shot at Morrow with my next pick
11.(103) Brandon Morrow (Tor - SP)
12.(118) Jonathan Broxton (LAD - RP)scary when he is my #1 RP
13.(123) Curtis Granderson (NYY - OF)
14.(138) Ian Desmond (Was - SS)
15.(143)Colby Lewis (Tex - SP)
16. Mike Napoli (Tex - C,1B)
17. Madison Bumgarner (SF - SP)
18. Adam Lind (Tor - 1B,OF)
19. Jonny Venters (Atl - RP)really wanted J. Zimmerman here but my RP was so weak i took Venters. Zimm went teh verty next pick
20. Jose Tabata (Pit - OF) I think he has a good chance to break out this yr adn in teh 20th round, cant hurt to take a shot right?
21. Kevin Gregg (Bal - RP)
22. Stephen Strasburg (Was - SP) im planning to take stras in my real draft so i can dump in one of my 3DL slots and keep him super cheap next yr, trying to decide how late to wait.once hes on teh DL i will replace him with someone like Travis Wood, Annibal Sanchez or Brandon Webb who often goes undrafted
23. Jhoulys Chacin (Col - SP)
if your team somehow turned out this way in a real draft, would you just punt saves, carry extra SP, and try to use elite MR in your P slots to help with you ratios?