NCAA tourney - nothing but luck because your team lost - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

NCAA tourney - nothing but luck because your team lost

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: NCAA tourney- who do you like?

Postby jfg » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:09 pm

That kid was hacked blatantly at the end of the Morehead St. game. I'm usually all about no calls at then end but the player has to be able to put up the shot.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The Bracketologist

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:31 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Don't let the Big East Tournament fool you. UConn isn't that good. One bad game or foul troubled game from Kemba and they're doneski. I don't think anybody's beating Kansas.

UConn's path to the Elite 8 isn't really that difficult though. I'm not buying SDSU.

They're good. People don't watch them cause they play so many 11 PM EST start games. If UConn gets through SDSU, they aren't as good as Duke or Texas. They seeded higher than Texas cause of the Big East Tournament. I could even see them possibly losing to Arizona. When teams are so reliant on one player the way Conn is on Kemba Walker they rarely make it beyond the Elite 8, because one off or foul riddled game and they can't win.

I'm pretty much with you on UCONN, but after watching them in the Big East tournament, I'm going to find it hard to bet against Kemba Walker. Kemba himself moreso than the UCONN. I think the team with the best player and a guy who consistently comes through in crunch time prevails as often as teams that rely heavily on one guy fail. SDSU is flat out good. People sleep because they are from the west coast and a small conference, but they can play.

Crazy day today so far. That no-call at the end of the Louisville game was ridiculous. Horrible call.

I'm about 18 hours away from touching down in Vegas. I've already got my first ten bets planned. My whole weekend is going to hinge on hitting a five way parlay early tomorrow.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:32 pm

Betting on the NCAA tourney is a fool's errand. Even Nate Silver's odds aren't working out.

And Kansas' road is looking much easier now.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Postby bigken117 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:34 pm

7-1 so far. ;-D

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:51 am

Walker is averaging like 10 dimes a game for the last month or so, so he's not the only scorer they have. Lamb has been excellent as well. Not really sure why people don't think UConn can't make a big run....Duke is not flawless by any means.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby jfg » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:42 am

Michigan St. is so frustrating. That game was the story of their season, flashes of greatness but mostly terrible. I don't know how I was fooled. They looked good at the end of the season. I hate even more that they lost to UCLA, is there one guy on that team that's even remotely likable? Reeves Nelson looks like a real winner and not the Charlie Sheen version of winner. I'm holding off gloating about the Big Ten until I see Purdue play tomorrow but Wisconsin looked really good. I thought it was pretty hilarious during the Wisconsin game when the announcers made a comment about the lack of tats on the floor. :-b
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 84)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:05 am

jfg wrote:Michigan St. is so frustrating. That game was the story of their season, flashes of greatness but mostly terrible. I don't know how I was fooled. They looked good at the end of the season.

You must have missed them get slapped by Penn State last week where they couldn't make a bucket and couldn't get a stop.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:13 am

Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby urbanbreez » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:29 pm

uhm why was i not invited?

first the Diplomacy snub and now this. Sons, i am disappoint.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:09 pm

Aqua posted the sign-up link on Leftovers methinks. I played last year and so, I got an automatic invite back.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 674)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk