NCAA tourney - nothing but luck because your team lost - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

NCAA tourney - nothing but luck because your team lost

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Bracketologist

Postby urbanbreez » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:10 pm

urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The Bracketologist

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:33 pm

Don't let the Big East Tournament fool you. UConn isn't that good. One bad game or foul troubled game from Kemba and they're doneski. I don't think anybody's beating Kansas.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby urbanbreez » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:24 am

good point but one never can tell in this wonderful tourney.

who do you have in the final four and who is your tourney champ?
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:17 am

urbanbreez wrote:good point but one never can tell in this wonderful tourney.

Syracuse, San Diego State, Kansas, and Pitt. With Kansas winning the whole thing.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:37 am

bigh0rt wrote:
urbanbreez wrote:good point but one never can tell in this wonderful tourney.

Syracuse, San Diego State, Kansas, and Pitt. With Kansas winning the whole thing.

That's scary. I just turned in my bracket at work and those are my final 4. I have Pitt winning .
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)

Re: NCAA tourney- who do you like?

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:15 am

i'm a degenerate so i'm in a few pools but i have Kansas winning in all of them and Pitt always in the final four. the other side is made up of some combination of tOSU, UNC, UCONN and Duke
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:48 am

bigh0rt wrote:Don't let the Big East Tournament fool you. UConn isn't that good. One bad game or foul troubled game from Kemba and they're doneski. I don't think anybody's beating Kansas.

UConn's path to the Elite 8 isn't really that difficult though. I'm not buying SDSU.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:09 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Don't let the Big East Tournament fool you. UConn isn't that good. One bad game or foul troubled game from Kemba and they're doneski. I don't think anybody's beating Kansas.

UConn's path to the Elite 8 isn't really that difficult though. I'm not buying SDSU.

same here...i actually have SDSU losing to Temple
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:15 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:

They're good. People don't watch them cause they play so many 11 PM EST start games. If UConn gets through SDSU, they aren't as good as Duke or Texas. They seeded higher than Texas cause of the Big East Tournament. I could even see them possibly losing to Arizona. When teams are so reliant on one player the way Conn is on Kemba Walker they rarely make it beyond the Elite 8, because one off or foul riddled game and they can't win.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:13 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:

They're good. People don't watch them cause they play so many 11 PM EST start games. If UConn gets through SDSU, they aren't as good as Duke or Texas. They seeded higher than Texas cause of the Big East Tournament. I could even see them possibly losing to Arizona. When teams are so reliant on one player the way Conn is on Kemba Walker they rarely make it beyond the Elite 8, because one off or foul riddled game and they can't win.

I agree on UCONN. It's possible they make a deep run if Kemba can keep playing out of this world, but I'm very skittish about team's that rely so heavily on one player, because if he has an off game or gets into foul trouble, that's a major issue. I actually have BYU going down in the first round, as they are absurdly dependent on Jimmer.

My final four is Duke, Kansas, K State, and Syracuse, with Duke winning it over Kansas.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk