NCAA tourney - nothing but luck because your team lost - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

NCAA tourney - nothing but luck because your team lost

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: NCAA tourney- who do you like?

Postby Tavish » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:16 am

I absolutely hate KU, but from what I have seen I wouldn't be shocked if they won every game in the tourney by 10+. The only way I see anyone coming close to beating them is if the team can bait the Morris twins into early foul trouble.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:42 am

jfg wrote:Big 10 style basketball always gets picked apart before the tourney but they always do well. I think I remember 1 or 2 bad years for the conference, other than that they always seem to get a few teams into the sweet 16. Michigan St. might not belong in the tournament but I think they will win at least a game.

I hate Big 10 basketball and my whole family loves the Big 10. They do well depending on how the game is called. If the refs let them play a team like Michigan St. will beat the other team down, literally. :-)
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 387)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:09 pm

bigken117 wrote:I have Kansas beating NC with BYU and Duke rounding out my Final Four. I've watched maybe 10 minutes of college hoops this season and did no research.

BYU? No way. Ever since the honor code incident, they've been horrible. I can't see them getting past the sweet 16 and I wouldn't be shocked to seem them go down to Woffard in the first round (which I picked).

I have Duke, Kansas, Kansas St, and Syracuse in my final 4.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:58 pm

I haven't gotten around to any prep on the brackets and the only college basketball I've watched has been in the conference tourneys. I know I fill these things out like quick pick lottery tickets.

Anyhow, I have Kansas, Kansas State, Ohio State, and Duke. Kansas over Ohio State. Think I have another with San Diego State winning, just for fun.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 677)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:41 pm

Belmont will beat Wisconsin. I am not a believer in this Wisconsin team at all. They have looked very average in the last month.

Oakland/Texas was the toughest first round game for me to pick. I can see Texas going to the Final 4 but Oakland was like a worst case scenario for them. Great team who has NBA talent on their roster and played a rough non-conference schedule. They should give Texas problems.

The Southeast bracket is a total joke. BYU and Florida were overseeded and Pitt is the worst 1 seed (IMO). I have Florida going, but I'd argue that any of the top 6 seeds (plus MSU who got another golden ticket draw as a 10 seed) could make a deep run. So if Wisconsin does beat Belmont, they could definitely sustain a run.

The one variable in this bracket that nobody can predict is whether or not Kyrie Irving will play for Duke. If he plays and is effective, Duke will go back to the NC game against Kansas, who will dominate their region. If not, they could fall to the Michigan/Tennessee winner or Texas in the Sweet 16.

I also have Richmond over Vandy and Morehead State over Louisville. A lot of weak teams in the field this year, I'd expect a lot of upsets.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby jfg » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:20 pm

Kansas St. is ballsy.

BYU only played a couple games after losing Davies right? Tough to make a judgement on them based on a couple games. It scared me off though.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:32 pm

jfg wrote:Kansas St. is ballsy.

BYU only played a couple games after losing Davies right? Tough to make a judgement on them based on a couple games. It scared me off though.

Jimmer can't do it all himself. Even if he's scoring 40 BYU can still lose. Watch their game vs. SDSU the other night when they got handled by 18.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:51 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
jfg wrote:Kansas St. is ballsy.

Jimmer can't do it all himself. Even if he's scoring 40 BYU can still lose. Watch their game vs. SDSU the other night when they got handled by 18.

i have them going to the elite 8 but i might have to rethink it...i'll probably just roll with Jimmertime though
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby jfg » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:34 pm

Great, Purdue just suspended Barlow. He's a reserve but any team I have going to the final four should have all their pieces in place. :~(
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:27 pm

Without Davies BYU looks more like a 10 seed than a 3 seed. I'm going to Vegas for the first weekend of the tournament and will probably be betting against them. A like Jimmer and enjoy watching them play, but my anti-Morman bias just won't let me bet on or cheer for a BYU team.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk