yet another keeper question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

yet another keeper question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

yet another keeper question

Postby maximf » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:37 am

so after some weelin and dealin my team changed from what i asked a week ago, so i should ask again who you guys think i should keep (6 guys, if i keep less i get extra picks )

Pujols
Phillips
A-Rod
Tulu
Beltre
Granderson
--------------------------
Greinke
Lackey
Brian Wilson

while pujols,a-rod and tulu are a lock who do you think the other 3 should be, i'm thinking greinke, wilson and another guy....
maximf
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: yet another keeper question

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:45 am

First of all... Tulu? T-U-L-O if you need to shorten his name. Honestly, how hard is it to type Troy Tulowitzki? It's spelled just like it sounds.

Your question: tell us your league settings. You seem to be referring to an earlier post but I'm not going to hunt for it. Post your league settings, number of teams, categories, format, etc. That all matters.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 34)

Postby maximf » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:50 am

lane_anasazi2 wrote:First of all... Tulu? T-U-L-O if you need to shorten his name. Honestly, how hard is it to type Troy Tulowitzki? It's spelled just like it sounds.

Your question: tell us your league settings. You seem to be referring to an earlier post but I'm not going to hunt for it. Post your league settings, number of teams, categories, format, etc. That all matters.

sorry, tulowitzki became my darling and i like to give him short names because he is so awesome, now as far as league settings: it's ten teams, head to head - points, and we have the regular positions, plus 1 1b/3b, 1 ss/2b and 2 more of's , also 7 pitchers and 2 relievers. Also the categories are the very usual ones that most the leagues play on, 1b,2b,3b,hr,r,rbi,bb,hbp and w,l,bs,s,ip,k,er,ha,bb,qs
maximf
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:55 am

maximf wrote: Also the categories are the very usual ones that most the leagues play on, 1b,2b,3b,hr,r,rbi,bb,hbp and w,l,bs,s,ip,k,er,ha,bb,qs

Maybe those are standard categories for points leagues, but points leagues themselves aren't exactly standard. If you really want to get into it you'll have to explain the points system, how much each cat. is worth, etc.

If your player values shake out to anything like a standard 5x5 league, though, I'd probably go

Pujols
Phillips
A-Rod
Tulo
Beltre
Granderson
--------------------------
Greinke
Lackey
Brian Wilson

Depending on what round the extra picks are in, I'd definitely consider throwing back Wilson and Phillips.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 34)

Postby rukus9 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:48 pm

I would keep:

Pujols
Tulo
ARod
Phillips
Greinke
Wilson

You could also keep Beltre instead of Wilson. Third base is pretty shallow this year and you would probably be able to deal him for something you need later.
League Setup:
13 Team Points League
6 Hitters 3 Pitchers (Positions don't matter)
1B = 1, 2B = 2, 3B = 3, HR = 4, RBI = 1
Win = 12, Save = 5
rukus9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby maximf » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:19 pm

rukus9 wrote:I would keep:

Pujols
Tulo
ARod
Phillips
Greinke
Wilson

You could also keep Beltre instead of Wilson. Third base is pretty shallow this year and you would probably be able to deal him for something you need later.

i see many people advising me to keep phillips, is the second base that thin this year? because he didn't really impress me last year, had some good games but didn't sell me completely.... am i wrong?
maximf
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby rukus9 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:01 pm

Phillips is a safe bet to give you right around 20/20 and he was fighting some injuries last year. Even a minor bounce back from last year and he's a top 5 second baseman.
League Setup:
13 Team Points League
6 Hitters 3 Pitchers (Positions don't matter)
1B = 1, 2B = 2, 3B = 3, HR = 4, RBI = 1
Win = 12, Save = 5
rukus9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions