Big Money League Need Help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Big Money League Need Help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Big Money League Need Help

Postby TejadasCorner » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:49 am

So the league is set up for weekly lineup changes and it is head to head. There are 11 categories (standard 5x5 + OPS) and it is a 12 team league. I am looking for advice on where people think I should improve.
- Thanks in Advance!

C: Ianetta
1B: M. Cabrera
2B: B. Phillips
SS: Rollins
3B: Sandoval
1B/3B: Morales
2B/SS: Y. Escobar
OF: C. Gonzalez
OF: A. Jones
OF: R. Davis
OF: Swisher
UTI: Morneau
UTI: Manny
B: M. Laporta
B: A. Gordon

P: Verlander
P: B. Anderson
P. Bumgarner
P: Valverde
P: Beckett
P: F. Fransisco
P: Gio Gonzalez
P: L. Nunez
B: Chapman
B: Bedard

I think my pitching is a little weak but I am hoping to clear that up through free agents.
Thoughts?
TejadasCorner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Big Money League Need Help

Postby Jupiter4 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:17 am

Well I think you should worry about your hitters. You have a lot of rebound/risk guys. Cabrera is great but will the DWI wait til the season is over? Rollins Sandoval Morales Morneau Manny all are an ankle away from the DL again. If they all play all season and hit like they are capable of you are ok. But in a big money league why take them all? For that matter why draft Alex Gordon?
Jupiter4
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby TejadasCorner » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:52 am

Jupiter4 wrote:Well I think you should worry about your hitters. You have a lot of rebound/risk guys. Cabrera is great but will the DWI wait til the season is over? Rollins Sandoval Morales Morneau Manny all are an ankle away from the DL again. If they all play all season and hit like they are capable of you are ok. But in a big money league why take them all? For that matter why draft Alex Gordon?

I understand many of my hitters are high risk/reward types. It is a deep league and I had to take a few chances. Alex Gordon was a last round pick, and I am probably going to drop him once the waiver period is over. SS is weak this year and I was able to get Rollins in the 7th round. If they are all healthy you think my hitting is only ok? Does it not have a chance to be dominant in this 12 team league?
TejadasCorner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby nightvision » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:13 am

I disagree. I like your hitters. OF is weak though with limited upside.

I think you could improve your teams speed. I wouldn't count on Rollins to steal more than 20 this year imo. If R. Davis gets hurt you are toast. You have excess power you could deal.

You are in a great position to deal either Morneau or Morales if they both rebound, so I'd wait a month to make a major trade. You'd get more value from them then. I think people will be very quick to want Morneau if he is hitting, and I would unload him to get a better OF.

In pitching, I see you struggling with WHIP and Wins. You kinda punted these.
nightvision
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby TejadasCorner » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:51 am

nightvision wrote:I disagree. I like your hitters. OF is weak though with limited upside.

I think you could improve your teams speed. I wouldn't count on Rollins to steal more than 20 this year imo. If R. Davis gets hurt you are toast. You have excess power you could deal.

You are in a great position to deal either Morneau or Morales if they both rebound, so I'd wait a month to make a major trade. You'd get more value from them then. I think people will be very quick to want Morneau if he is hitting, and I would unload him to get a better OF.

In pitching, I see you struggling with WHIP and Wins. You kinda punted these.

Thanks for the feedback. I am already receiving interest for Morneau. Should I look to deal him for a top notch starter? Maybe a guy like Jiminez or Hanson?

Yeah good call on the lack of steals on my team. I made an effort during the draft to not get many players with a low OPS. I was hoping to get more steals from guys who are 6 tool players (OPS included). I am banking on getting a free agent pickup who will get steals. It seems that every year a few base stealers become available from the wire.
TejadasCorner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby nightvision » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:29 am

Sure. You could do that. I would try and trade Morneau for someone like Greinke, Oswalt, Liriano or Cain. I doubt you could get Jiminez, but if so do it quickly, I rated him as the 8th best SP.

You could also offer someone like Beckett in the trade, so a Morneau/Beckett for BJ Upton or Figgins or Pagan /Jimenez, then you fill two needs.

Hey now help me out with my team!

viewtopic.php?t=424057
nightvision
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team