Yahoo 12 Team 5x5 H2H "Keeper" Auction - WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Yahoo 12 Team 5x5 H2H "Keeper" Auction - WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo 12 Team 5x5 H2H "Keeper" Auction - WHIR

Postby Bombsy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:39 am

Pretty unique Keeper League where you keep 5-10 players from your Hometown favourite team. 'Keepers' get assigned their Yahoo Pre-Draft Rank Value. As you can tell, my team is the Blue Jays. $305 Budget (I ironically had $260 to play with after selecting my Keepers).

C- JP Arencibia
1B- Albert Pujols
2B- Sean Rodriguez
3B - Jose Bautista
SS - Alexei Ramirez
OF - Ryan Braun
OF - Matt Holliday
OF - Rajai Davis
Util - Adam Lind
Util - Drew Stubbs

BN - Nyjer Morgan
BN - Marco Scutaro

SP - Ricky Romero
SP - Brandon Morrow
SP - Tim Hudson
RP - Frank Francisco
RP - Francisco Rodriguez
P - Leo Nunez
P - Joaquin Benoit
P - Hong-Chih Kuo

BN - Chris Carpenter
BN - Jamie Garcia
BN - R.A. Dickey
BN - Matt Cain
BN - Mike Minor
BN - Barry Zito
BN - Kyle Drabek
Bombsy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo 12 Team 5x5 H2H "Keeper" Auction - WHIR

Postby nightvision » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:38 am

You smoked this draft. Wow, really love your team. Glad u aren't in my league.

You have plenty of power and speed on this team. I think you can deal some of it.

I think if you can find anyone to take Nyjer Morgan you try to get better at 2B. Try to trade him for someone like Ryan Raburn assuming he's got 2B eligibility--yahoo should. Raburn went .315/.366/.534 in the 2nd half last year.

If that goes nowhere, I'd even trade Stubbs for a quality 2nd like Prado, you can give up some power as well and you won't loose out on runs with Prado
nightvision
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Re: Yahoo 12 Team 5x5 H2H "Keeper" Auction - WHIR

Postby Bombsy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:01 pm

nightvision wrote:You smoked this draft. Wow, really love your team. Glad u aren't in my league.

You have plenty of power and speed on this team. I think you can deal some of it.

I think if you can find anyone to take Nyjer Morgan you try to get better at 2B. Try to trade him for someone like Ryan Raburn assuming he's got 2B eligibility--yahoo should. Raburn went .315/.366/.534 in the 2nd half last year.

If that goes nowhere, I'd even trade Stubbs for a quality 2nd like Prado, you can give up some power as well and you won't loose out on runs with Prado

Thanks man. I obviously went the "Stars and Scrubs" route and ensured I didnt leave any money on the table. It was my first ever Auction Draft and I like the way my team looks too - but everyone does after they first draft a team. If one of my stars go down I could be in trouble, otherwise I'm confident I have enough to make the playoffs. After that anything can happen.
Bombsy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team