***Rate My Team*** (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

***Rate My Team*** (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

***Rate My Team*** (WHIR)

Postby PappaGino297 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:44 pm

I'm in a 12 team 7x7 H2H league. The categories are AVG, OBP, HR's, RBI's, SB's, Runs, XBH's (Extra Base Hits), W's, L's, ERA, WHIP, SV's, K's, & QS's (Quality Starts). I just completed my draft and my team is as follows:

C) Jarrod Saltalamachia
1B) Justin Smoak
2B) Brandon Phillips
3B) Evan Longoria
SS) Hanley Ramirez
OF) Andrew McCutchen
OF) Chris Young
OF) Ichiro Suzuki
UTIL) Manny Ramirez
UTIL) Mark Reynolds
BN) Kila Ka'aihue
BN) Ryan Raburn
BN) Brandon Allen

SP) Ubaldo Jimenez
SP) Shaun Marcum
SP) Daniel Hudson
SP) Gio Gonzalez
SP) Edwin Jackson
RP) Joakim Soria
RP) Jose Valverde
P) Craig Kimbrel
P) Hong-Chih Kuo
BN) Ian Kennedy
BN) Bud Norris
BN) Phil Coke

What do you think?

I'd love to hear any advice, input, criticism, etc.

Thanks in advance!
Straight Cash Homeyyy!!
PappaGino297
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ***Rate My Team*** (WHIR)

Postby nightvision » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:41 am

Really, I think you need a legit 1B to start the season in case Smoak flops. I'd deal Phillips and plug in Raburn to get a better 1B-man like Konerko or Butler, or Morneau/Morales if you are lucky. You've got plenty of speed to do this.

Look at Raburn's 2nd half splits last year, he'll handle 2b just fine.

Only other thing is you have no depth imo at starting pitching.
nightvision
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Re: ***Rate My Team*** (WHIR)

Postby PappaGino297 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:43 am

nightvision wrote:Really, I think you need a legit 1B to start the season in case Smoak flops. I'd deal Phillips and plug in Raburn to get a better 1B-man like Konerko or Butler, or Morneau/Morales if you are lucky. You've got plenty of speed to do this.

Look at Raburn's 2nd half splits last year, he'll handle 2b just fine.

Only other thing is you have no depth imo at starting pitching.

I agree that I could use a legit 1B. The reason why I'm lacking one is b/c I'm in a keeper league and the majority of the 1B's had already been kept. I had the 1st pick and went with Hanley and by the time I got to pick again all of the legit 1B's were already kept or drafted by then. Your suggestion of dealing Phillips for a 1B and plugging in Raburn makes sense, but Raburn doesn't quality at 2B in ESPN leagues and I doubt he'll get the required 15 games at that position since he's penciled in as the starting LF. I'm hoping Smoak or Ka’aihue finally break out and give me at least something along the lines of: .265/25/75/75. If they give me something similar to that, I should be fine with the supporting cast I have around them.

I couldn't disagree more with your view on my starters! Jimenez, Marcum, Hudson, Gonzalez, Jackson, & Kennedy is about as solid of a core as you can get. Jimenez is a no brainer number 1 and should put up another stellar season. I think Marcum is going to have a HUGE season this year. He had a 7.60 K/9 last year in the AL East. In the NL Central, he can easily go over 8 K/9. His walks were a minuscule 1.98 per 9 and His xFIP was below 4. What's not to like about that? Have you seen Hudson's minor league numbers and what he did when the Dbacks called him up last year? The dude is filthy! I fully expect Gonzalez to improve on his impressive year last year and if Jackson pitches like he did in the 2nd half for the Sox after he got traded (75.0ip, 77k's, 3.24era, 1.21whip), he could be a steal! Lastly, Ian Kennedy should put up another decent season to round out my staff as the 6th starter. He could easily put together a season like the following: 11-10/3.75/1.25/180. You wouldn't take that from your 6th starter? Btw, I don't see how Phil Coke and Bud Norris aren't worth 1 dollar fliers. I can envision Phil Coke being this year's C.J. Wilson and Bud Norris reminds me of Jonathan Sanchez, if you can deal with all the walks the K's will come in bunches.
Straight Cash Homeyyy!!
PappaGino297
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team