Trade help - WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade help - WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Trade help - WHIR

Postby Baldrick » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:07 pm

Problem is Konerko will have to share time in my UTIL slot, so I'm apt to trade him. And I agree Chipper is aged and his repaired ACL is still questionable.

Russell Martin
Carlos Ruiz
John Jaso
J.P. Arencibia
Miguel Olivo
Jarrod Saltalamacchia
Chris Ianneta
Rod Barajas

That is ranked by owned %. What about trying to swing for Suzuki and Jose Lopez? This manager has Reynolds as his everyday 3B so it might be possible to get him to go along with this.
Baldrick
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:14 pm

If you could get Reynolds instead of Chipper/Lopez, I'd be more apt to make that deal. However, I'd make this series of moves instead:

Drop Ludwick for Encanarcion.
Drop Buerhle for Iannetta (he's my favorite sleeper catcher this season, though I may be biased! :-) ).
Drop Slowey for Drabek.

It's up to you in the end though.

Edit: I also wanted to mention that there are likely better SP options on the wire than Garland in a 12 team league. I'd probably look into making another move like that as well.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Baldrick » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:18 pm

Well as I said there are two rounds of drafting left so with your plan of action I could only do two of those moves, which is why the trade for Suzuki + <insert player> or even trying for Reynolds would be advantageous as it would let me do pick up Drabek and another player and have all my holes filled.

I don't think he'll give me Reynolds for Konerko though.
Baldrick
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Shauntell47 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:30 pm

Yeah, I say go for Ianetta, w/ Olivo gone, he will get most of the ABs at the catcher position. He has good power and OBP skills, and hopefully his average isn't too bad.

Do what avsfan4ever33 said, makes sense to me.

I'm not sure Encarnacion gets more than 450 ABs though. Could you list the other 3rd basemen on your WW?

Guys like Valencia and Kouzmanoff will likely get more ABs, since they can actually field a position.
Shauntell47
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:38 pm

Baldrick wrote:Well as I said there are two rounds of drafting left so with your plan of action I could only do two of those moves, which is why the trade for Suzuki + <insert player> or even trying for Reynolds would be advantageous as it would let me do pick up Drabek and another player and have all my holes filled.

I don't think he'll give me Reynolds for Konerko though.

Ah, I see. I guess I just glossed over that part in the original post and thought this was regular FA adds and drops.

In that case, you should push hard for a Konerko for Reynolds/Suzuki deal. He may want another player in return, but at least you have your starting point.

If you are able to work out a deal like that, then I'd go with SP upgrades over Buerhle and Slowey with your final two picks (or substitute one pick in for another player you have to replace if you're forced to include one with Konerko in a trade).

Good luck! ;-D
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Baldrick » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:52 pm

So just to see if he would even consider moving Reynolds I sent him: Suzuki/Reynolds for Konerko/Slowey. His counter-offer: Suzuki/Reynolds for Dunn/Jhoulys Chacin.

Now I can't recall why exactly I picked up Chacin, but there must have been good reason for me doing so. My only gripe is giving up a pitcher as that was my weakness for years due to retiring players (Randy Johnson/Schilling) or constant injuries.
Baldrick
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:10 pm

Baldrick wrote:So just to see if he would even consider moving Reynolds I sent him: Suzuki/Reynolds for Konerko/Slowey. His counter-offer: Suzuki/Reynolds for Dunn/Jhoulys Chacin.

Now I can't recall why exactly I picked up Chacin, but there must have been good reason for me doing so. My only gripe is giving up a pitcher as that was my weakness for years due to retiring players (Randy Johnson/Schilling) or constant injuries.

I'd pass on that deal. I love Dunn in Chicago this season (dual position eligibility is also a plus), and I'm also a big fan of Chacin.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Baldrick » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:46 pm

How about his latest proposal

Geovany Soto/Reynolds for Dunn/Gio Gonzalez?

His logic is the fact that his players are a combined Yahoo projection of 225 and mine at 217, thus being equal.

I have no idea how well Oakland will do this season as I admittedly really only follow the AL East closely. I've seen Soto ranked higher than Suzuki for C's. Thoughts?

The original trade went through so now I have Hughes, Rodney and Tex in my line-up.
Baldrick
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions