Rate my team 8 Team League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my team 8 Team League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my team 8 Team League

Postby Winstunt » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:05 pm

8 Team League (Yahoo)

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, DL

Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Hits (H), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Innings Pitched (IP), Wins (W), Losses (L), Saves (SV), Walks (BB), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA)

C: Joe Mauer
1B: Kendrys Morales
2B: Robinson Cano'
3B: Mark Reynolds
SS: Elvis Andrus
OF: Jacoby Ellsbury
OF: Drew Stubbs
OF: Grady Sizemore
Util: Billy Butler

SP: Tim Lincecum
SP: Clayton Kershaw
SP: Zack Greinke
SP: Cliff Lee
RP: Heath Bell
RP: Jonathan Papelbon

* Now here is my situation. I want to drop Grady Sizemore and these are the best players in the free agents *
Which one do i choose ?

OF: Nick Markakis
OF: Ben Zobrist
OF: Curtis Granderson
OF: Vladiir Guerrero
OF: Torii Hunter
OF: Jason Bay
OF: Carlos Quentin
OF: Vernon Wells
OF: Adam Lind
OF: Juan Pierre
OF: Michael Bourn
OF: Manny Ramirez
Winstunt
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 58
Joined: 14 Mar 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team 8 Team League

Postby dhibbit@gmail.com » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:18 pm

hard for me to judge an 8-team league with a shallow bench, but def drop sizemore.

I'd look at Jason Bay or a 3B, I don't really have a lot of faith in Mark Reynolds, you might want to try to pick up a sleeper there, but without knowing your bench size, it's hard to tell.
dhibbit@gmail.com
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 21
Joined: 14 Mar 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team 8 Team League

Postby Winstunt » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:21 pm

dhibbit@gmail.com wrote:hard for me to judge an 8-team league with a shallow bench, but def drop sizemore.

I'd look at Jason Bay or a 3B, I don't really have a lot of faith in Mark Reynolds, you might want to try to pick up a sleeper there, but without knowing your bench size, it's hard to tell.



I wanted to get Bay but with him being in a pitchers ball park i dont know about him. What are some other sleepers you know of? I like Reynolds but Grady baby is gonna miss some games and i want to start the season strong
Winstunt
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 58
Joined: 14 Mar 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team 8 Team League

Postby Winstunt » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:27 pm

The guys in this league arent the most knowledgeable .....


Recent drops

Matt Cain, Cole Hamels .... SERIOUSLY??????




And there is no bench at all.
Winstunt
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 58
Joined: 14 Mar 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team 8 Team League

Postby dhibbit@gmail.com » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:30 pm

Winstunt wrote:
dhibbit@gmail.com wrote:hard for me to judge an 8-team league with a shallow bench, but def drop sizemore.

I'd look at Jason Bay or a 3B, I don't really have a lot of faith in Mark Reynolds, you might want to try to pick up a sleeper there, but without knowing your bench size, it's hard to tell.



I wanted to get Bay but with him being in a pitchers ball park i dont know about him. What are some other sleepers you know of? I like Reynolds but Grady baby is gonna miss some games and i want to start the season strong


Sleepers at 3B - prob Encarnacion or Ian Stewart given that you're in an 8-team league, of course, that also depends on the size of your benches, if those guys are gone, you might look deeper to guys like Uribe for a good fill-in player as he's eligible for 2B, 3B and SS in many leagues.
dhibbit@gmail.com
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 21
Joined: 14 Mar 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team 8 Team League

Postby Winstunt » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:32 pm

dhibbit@gmail.com wrote:Sleepers at 3B - prob Encarnacion or Ian Stewart given that you're in an 8-team league, of course, that also depends on the size of your benches, if those guys are gone, you might look deeper to guys like Uribe for a good fill-in player as he's eligible for 2B, 3B and SS in many leagues.



thing is there is no bench. i dont like that concept of the league. I wish he had it 3 x per position but it is what it is i guess.
Winstunt
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 58
Joined: 14 Mar 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team 8 Team League

Postby Winstunt » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:35 pm

dhibbit@gmail.com wrote:Sleepers at 3B - prob Encarnacion or Ian Stewart given that you're in an 8-team league, of course, that also depends on the size of your benches, if those guys are gone, you might look deeper to guys like Uribe for a good fill-in player as he's eligible for 2B, 3B and SS in many leagues.


For 3B there is

Pedro Alvarez
Casey McGehee
Pablo Sandoval
Ian Stewart
Niel Walker
Michael Cuddyer
Scott Rolen Omar Infante
Juan Uribe
Winstunt
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 58
Joined: 14 Mar 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team 8 Team League

Postby dhibbit@gmail.com » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:49 pm

no bench at all!?? that just seems sad and boring. That removes so much strategy...

In that case, you're really better off taking one of the OFs you mentioned, Id look at Granderson or Bay.
dhibbit@gmail.com
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 21
Joined: 14 Mar 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team 8 Team League

Postby Winstunt » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:54 pm

dhibbit@gmail.com wrote:no bench at all!?? that just seems sad and boring. That removes so much strategy...

In that case, you're really better off taking one of the OFs you mentioned, Id look at Granderson or Bay.



yea man its fairly boring compared to my other leagues im in. but its with buddies.

there is always someone in there that drafts someone way out of line lol. one year it was daisuke matzuzaka 2nd overall, this year it was halladay 2nd overall and pujols never went till 4th overall haha.

but yea. What you think of Colby Rasmus? my bro keeps telling me to pick him up
Winstunt
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 58
Joined: 14 Mar 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team 8 Team League

Postby Winstunt » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:01 pm

i ended up picking Carlos Pena .... basically because he is not in a hitters ball park and has big pop.



Gonna hope he hits 45 hr's 125 RBI's 100 RUns 10 SB
Winstunt
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 58
Joined: 14 Mar 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact