Yahoo Winner's League, Power, but no pitching. PLEASE RATE!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Yahoo Winner's League, Power, but no pitching. PLEASE RATE!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo Winner's League, Power, but no pitching. PLEASE RATE!!

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:30 pm

12 team 5x5 roto

Kept getting the pitchers I wanted stolen straight out of my queue Halladay, Oswalt, Brown Santana, all within 3 picks of my selection, all the last in their tier when they were taken, so I had no choice but to take bats instead or compromise value. Needless to say, pitchers went fast. I know I need some tweaking, but what specifically?

C- Lecroy
1B- Sexson
2B- Durham
3B- Blalock
SS- Tejada
OF- Pujols
OF- Wells
OF- Berkman
Util- Baldelli
Bench- Mondesi
(my pitching is so bad, I really needed the bench spots for SPs that I could spot start)

SP- Colon, Contreras, C. Zambrano, Hampton, H. Ramirez, Jose Acevedo, J. Williams
RP- Borowski, Mantei, Chacon, Graves

I have plenty of power, very good BA, so that takes care of R, HR, RBI, AVG.
I should get plenty of saves, probably a fair amount of Ws, WHIP actually isn't as bad as I thought it would be. ERA should be in mid to high 3s as well with discreet managing. Should have decent K numbers too.

All in all, I could painstakingly monitor my pitching into mediocrity, and my hitting should be fine except SBs. My first instinct is to try to move Sexson for a pitcher or some speed, or both. Anybody have any thoughts?
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eli81k » Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:01 pm

I've got Contreras and Acevedo on my team too. I think they're great when judged by what they should produce and where you can get them in a draft. Who thinks of taking the Reds' fifth starter. But he's looked just as good this spring as he did in his brief stint in the bigs last season.

I could be wrong, but you may want to trade LeCroy before midseason. Do it sooner rather than later while his value is at its peak, and keep a super close eye on Minnesota. Justin Morneau is the Twins' DH of the future, and the only reason "of the future" is tacked on is because they want him seeing as many ABs as possible. He's got 40-HR talent and is ready to contribute right now. The first time a Twins' fielder goes on the DL, Morneau will probably be coming up from AAA. Mientkiewicz is the best defensive 1B in the game, so that means if Morneau is coming to the plate, it's at DH, and at the expense of LeCroy's ABs. You don't want to have to start a guy that is just going to DH against lefties. That, and the Twins are desperate for the kind of power Morneau can bring. See if you can remember the last Twin to have a 30 HR season off the top of your head...
eli81k
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team