Rate my team please - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my team please

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my team please

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:41 pm

Standard 5x5 roto keeper league.

So, just drafted and looking for input. Standard league and positions except CI, MI and 5 OF positions. 2 DL slots, 2 minor leaguer slots. 9 Pitchers instead of SP/RP. 1,000 minimum Innings pitched. 1,500 maximum.

C Kurt Suzuki
1B Freddie Freeman
2B Neil Walker
SS Rafael Furcal
3B Ryan Zimmerman
CI Justin Morneau
MI Yuniesky Betancourt
OF Michael Bourn
OF Shin Soo Choo
OF Garret Jones
OF Jose Tabata
OF Jayson Werth
U Ike Davis

P Ubaldo Jimenez
P Brett Anderson
P Trevor Cahill
P Matt Cain
P Anibal Sanchez
P Travis Wood
P Joe Nathan
P Jaime Garcia
P Ricky Nolasco

BN: Adam Wainwright, Jonathan Papelbon, Joakim Soria

Minor: Jeremy Hellickson, Lonnie Chisenhall

Seems like I am pitcher heavy, so I will need to move a pitcher or two after I slide Wainwright into the DL spot.

It also looks like I could upgrade at SS.

All input appreciated.
Please help me with analyzing my team? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=433592
Mateo de Lorenzo Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team please

Postby Millhouse » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:59 pm

How many teams in your league? This team honestly looks kinda thin for a 12-teamer.

Would agree you're P heavy, especially considering some of the risks/question marks in your offense....Freeman at 1B the most glaring, Neil Walker at 2B, too. You have to have lots of faith in him as a 23-yr-old corner guy, especially with Morneau coming back from concussion. Freeman strikes me (and lots of people) as kind of a Mark Grace type...fine, but are you counting on him for power at the corner? Hope not. He could turn into Votto eventually, which would be great for keeper purposes, but could also be "just" Grace-ish, doubles power, flirting with .300 but likely in the .285 range, 20-25 HR/year. Not my idea of a true corner guy. Yes, you have Ike Davis, but he's also young and who knows how he'll build on his great start (19 bombs in incomplete season)....I'm personally seeing .275-25ish-85-90 RBI from him, and very good if your league has OBP (Tabata also a OBP potential stud, great contact rate). But still, there's no "franchise" corner guy here aside from Zimmerman, who's borderline elite but not a cornerstone IMO. With the rest of this team I'd have expected to see a Pujols/Cabrere/Miggy somewhere. Walker is also a ?: don't see him flirting with .300 again, if he gets 550-600 ABs he'll probably regress to .275-.280 but flirt with 20 HR and 85 RBI, depending on where he hits (2nd between Tabata and McCutch??).

Overall, I think you're good to very good in steals (Bourn, Choo, Tabata, Furcal if his back holds up); below average in power (Zim, Werth - who knows how he'll do outside of CItizens without Utley/Howard around him - Morneau no sure thing. And I'd definitely lose a P or two for a bat with upside. Or, package Ike (any Mets homers in your league??) with a P for a more reliable power guy.

Thanks for mine.
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 101)

Postby toonz » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:11 pm

your infield looks a bit shaky. depending on where you drafted zimmerman, i'm not sure who your other 1st/2nd round pick was. i like your outfield though. werth will drop off a bit but i don't think it will be too severe.

the guy above me was way more thorough than i can be but if you could help me out with mine, it'd be appreciated.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=424091
toonz
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:53 pm

Millhouse wrote:How many teams in your league? This team honestly looks kinda thin for a 12-teamer.

Would agree you're P heavy, especially considering some of the risks/question marks in your offense....Freeman at 1B the most glaring, Neil Walker at 2B, too. You have to have lots of faith in him as a 23-yr-old corner guy, especially with Morneau coming back from concussion. Freeman strikes me (and lots of people) as kind of a Mark Grace type...fine, but are you counting on him for power at the corner? Hope not. He could turn into Votto eventually, which would be great for keeper purposes, but could also be "just" Grace-ish, doubles power, flirting with .300 but likely in the .285 range, 20-25 HR/year. Not my idea of a true corner guy. Yes, you have Ike Davis, but he's also young and who knows how he'll build on his great start (19 bombs in incomplete season)....I'm personally seeing .275-25ish-85-90 RBI from him, and very good if your league has OBP (Tabata also a OBP potential stud, great contact rate). But still, there's no "franchise" corner guy here aside from Zimmerman, who's borderline elite but not a cornerstone IMO. With the rest of this team I'd have expected to see a Pujols/Cabrere/Miggy somewhere. Walker is also a ?: don't see him flirting with .300 again, if he gets 550-600 ABs he'll probably regress to .275-.280 but flirt with 20 HR and 85 RBI, depending on where he hits (2nd between Tabata and McCutch??).

Overall, I think you're good to very good in steals (Bourn, Choo, Tabata, Furcal if his back holds up); below average in power (Zim, Werth - who knows how he'll do outside of CItizens without Utley/Howard around him - Morneau no sure thing. And I'd definitely lose a P or two for a bat with upside. Or, package Ike (any Mets homers in your league??) with a P for a more reliable power guy.

Thanks for mine.

Thanks for the input. The biggest problem is I took a team over this year and the draft had very little pop available that weren't keepers. Zimmerman, Utley and Shoo were probably the top three bats available. With Utley injured and aging, that pool shrank even more, so I was pretty lucky to get Zim and Choo, but I agree there isn't really a BIG bat there.

I'm pretty high on Freeman and expect decent power out of him with good average.

I could try to trade for a bat, but Pujols, Miggy, Cabrera will be hard to come by in a trade.
Please help me with analyzing my team? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=433592
Mateo de Lorenzo Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team