Have at my offensively challenged Winners League Crew (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Have at my offensively challenged Winners League Crew (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Have at my offensively challenged Winners League Crew (WHIR)

Postby sinicalypse » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:31 pm

I just set up my custom player rankings for ~6 public leagues, so aside from the evil cackle I'm omitting when I realize I'm going to have Freddie Freeman on every team, I'm in that day-or-two window where I'm going to keep checking yahoo to see if my new teams are there! Until then, all I've got is my Winners league live-draft squad, which I'm going to drop for your viewing disdain. Should you decide to respond, provide a link to your team and/or waiver wire/draft questions and I'll provide my expert analysis. Peep the friendliness bar to the left; I get the job done.

In the immortal words of Mario, HEREWEGOOOOOo

C - Brian McCann (he's my perennial C floor, like, "if I at least have McCann I'll be competent at catcher and ahead of ~75% of everyone else at the position)
1B - Luke Scott (keep on reading, I have options here)
2B - gordon beckham (he burned me last year, but he's one of "my guys" so here we go again)
SS - alexei ramirez (if he gets off to a quick/solid/good start, I dream of like .290/23/85/10+)
3B - ian stewart (hey, in last year's winners league I had a hole @ 3B and got bautista =)
OF - ryan braun (comeon kosher butcher, get back to 30+/110+/20+ funk and help a man out)
OF - vladimir guerrero (he is my #1 guy. i will win or lose with vlad every year)
OF - juan pierre (just get me steals. he was ranked in the 50s overall last year)
util - rajai davis (another one of my guys... his slow start tested my faith, so just get some playing time)
util - adam lind (a guy I really hope can rebound, esp cuz if he does his 1B eligibility fills a big hole)
bench/1B - adam laroche (at my absolute worst my 1B will be adam laroche. you could do worse)
bench/1B - ike davis (see a theme here?)
bench/1B - freddie freeman (i'll have to do a load of laundry right quick if the kid can pull .280/20/80 out of his ass =)

after reading that dredge, see why my offense is so splat.... altho I did make one drafting mistake this year, i didn't know that billy wagner retired... i was live drafting off of default yahoo rankings and he was still up there so that one's on me.

SP - felix hernandez, david price, tommy hanson, matt cain, carlos zambrano, johan santana (DL-monkey unless otherwise unneeded)
RP - carlos marmol, ryan franklin, kyle farnsworth, chris sale

Obviously, the offense is really suspect, especially at 3B... and ideally i like to break camp with at least three bonafide closers and that I do not have unless ozzie does the smart thing and name chris sale the closer. sale has the best pure stuff and being able to use matt thornton to put out fires at any point of innings 6-9 is the way to go. so with that in mind, let's list some prominent people available on the waiver wire:

- domonic brown (freshly cut)
- edwin encarnacion (drafted and dropped when i was all OOOH FREDDIE FREEMAN HEYWARD 2 COMEON BABY... not a big double E guy tho he did have ~23HR in ~300something ABs last year, didn't he?)
- coco crisp
- peter bourjos
- david freese
- david dejesus
- jesus montero
- mike moustakas (god, i wish he was starting the season at third)
- jim thome
- chase headley
- jhonny peralta (someone I'd consider as a backup plan @ 3B, but who to cut for him?)

PITCHING

- OTHER CANDIDATES FOR RAYS CLOSER (they're there, I looked)
- scott downs
- clay hensley
- sergio romo
- clayton richard
- bronson arroyo
- aj burnett
- brian fuentes

blah blah blah blah blah.

so what do you think? do i have to do as i said in my "league smack talk" and "[keep] looking for virgins to sacrifice for offense. e-mail if you know any"

if you read through this and offer opinion, drop a link to any thread of yours where you're looking for any insight and i'll get down and dirty on your stuff. thank yeee!
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team