questions about the H2H format - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

questions about the H2H format

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

questions about the H2H format

Postby ilovethejays » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:19 pm

after 10 years in yahoo...we have decided to switch to head to head format...my question is...is it best to lock line-ups every monday, or allow owners daily changes...also should i put a max on total innings pitched per week? i don't want someone to get wins, just by adding and dropping the most times in a given week...any help is appreciated...
ilovethejays
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: questions about the H2H format

Postby bigmck » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:15 pm

Using daily or weekly lineups is just up to the league if you have for daily or not. == The best thing to do I think is to put a max on pitcher starts each week. (I don't know if that is available is Yahoo or not). A good number is ten.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby kidfan9 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:21 pm

I hate streaming so he's what I do to get rid of it. I set the max moves per week at 5 and the max moves per season is 75, that kills it. You can sent a minimum # of innings pitched at 15 or so but the moves does the trick. I only do daily changes...I don't get the fun in weekly leagues.
Ted Williams--Last man to hit .400
kidfan9
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 28)

Postby oscarsf » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:16 pm

We have a 16-team H2H league and we set our rosters on Monday. We limit teams to two transactions per week with a maximum of 45 moves for the season. Because of these settings, we have no issues with streaming. We are restrictive in our transactions because we have a mix of beginners and returning players and this levels the playing field when it comes to in-season team management.
oscarsf
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:10 am

Having a transaction cap per week/season is, in my opinion, kind of a "training wheels" setting. Only use it if you're afraid your managers are so inept that they can cripple their own teams. I wouldn't play in a league with such a setting.

Streaming in H2H is something a lot of people have a problem with, especially if it's done aggressively. The best way to combat it is to design a league that doesn't make it a viable strategy. Innings caps, weekly lineups, and transaction limits are all kind of, for lack of a better word, weak. They level the playing field the way it would level the playing field to make every football player wear lead weights around his arms.

Design the league so streaming is less effective and you won't need these stopgap solutions. For example, try using K/9 instead of straight K - starters with good K/9 who won't detonate your ratios aren't easy to find on the wire. Or add L and use QS instead of wins.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Return to Commissioner's Corner