First draft of the year rip it down - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

First draft of the year rip it down

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

First draft of the year rip it down

Postby soxfan25 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:06 pm

10 teams h2h

C- C Santana
1B- M Cabrera
2b- B Phillips
SS- T Tulowitzki
3B- J Bautista
2b/SS- G Beckham
1b/3B- b Butler
OF- A Jones
OF- G Sizemore
OF- D Span
DH- P Alverez

P- C Kershaw
P- T HAnson
P- M Latos
P- D Price
P- C Billingsley
P- JJ Putz
P- M Thornton

BN-B Morrow
BN-CJ Wilson
BN- C Kimbrel
10 yr Keeper Keep 12

C Soto - Posey
1B Cabrera
2B Ackley/Beckham
3B Young/Viciedo
SS Reyes
OF Braun Heyward Stanton
DH Pence/Dunn
SP Lincecum Weaver G Gonzalez Billingsley Carpenter
RP Santos

soxfan25
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: First draft of the year rip it down

Postby Remotethumb » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:30 pm

Can't rip it down much, you look like you followed the strategy I followed in my keepr league. Wait on outfielders.

Your team could have better outfileders (same as mine) but I see what you were doing, getting the higher powered IF and letting the OF go to the up-and-comers...If Jones can continue to improve (some say yay, others nay), Span the same and Sizemore anywhere near his old self then you are good. I think they will be fine.

As for your pitching, I like how you are going after the young guns. If they all do as well as they CAN (High projections), then you will dominate. But even if 2 or even 3 regress slightly, I think at least 2 of the young guns you have will shine.

I think you look fine. Maybe patrol the OFers on the wire, see if you can shuffle hot/cold players if you need to.
Remotethumb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)

Re: First draft of the year rip it down

Postby kingdon22 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:41 am

I dont feel as though Bautista can come close to repeating last years success, I expect something in the 20-25 range, but still I love how you have Alvarez backing him up, though. With 600 ABs Id expect at least 30 hrs and somewhere around .260 BA, not to mention he is in a pretty front loaded lineup so he should get some shots with runners in scoring position.

Looking at your team as a whole, though, soild power. You should be real competitive there. You should do quite well in regards with stolen bases.

Seeing as it is 10 teams your team is probably slighty above average. I really dislike your choice in OFs, though lol.

You should be competitive in saves, i dont expect you to win that cateogry often. Good rotation. I love Kershaw, Price, and Hanson.
kingdon22
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team